Prodyon has announced Shortnoise 2, an instrument collection for Kontakt 5.1+.
Shortnoise 2 will come with a 10 GB library and more than 800 instruments, geared towards musicians, film, TV and game composers. It features a ton of electronic and hybrid sounds, that can be tweaked using a lots of effects, sequencers, arpeggiators and more.
The core of Shortnoise 2 is the pattern-based Step-sequencer, that offers 288 steps per instrument with flexible effects modulation.
Shortnoise 2 comes with full control over Kontakt's built-in effects like Distortion, Amp Simulation and the Convolution Reverb. It will be expanded with new sounds via so called "S2 Expansions" on a regular basis. There are 4 Skins included, where one of them can be changed / modified by the user.
- Mono-mode with Glide/Portamento.
- Extensive Modulation Section.
- Different Velocity-Modes.
- Modulation up to audio-rate.
- 8x Unison with Stereo-spread.
- Fully fledged FX Section with polyphonic Gate.
- Insert-FX Delay, 2-Band-EQ and Compressor.
- 4 assignable Quickmod Controls with range adjustment.
- Pattern-based Sequencer with Chord mode & Recording.
- Integrated Arpeggiator.
- Convolution Reverb with 60 Impulse Responses.
- Saving & Loading of user presets.
- LCD Screen with Preset name & Author.
- Copy, Paste and Reset buttons per Part.
- Skinnable (5 Skins included).
- Endless Editability & Tweakability.
- Full MIDI Modulation Control.
Instrument and Multi Categories:
- 10+ GB library.
- Over 800 Instruments.
- 15.000+ source WAV files.
- 20.000+ lines of script code.
- 60 custom Impulse Responses.
Pricing & Availability:
- Release Date: 1st of October 2014.
- MSRP: $199.99.
- Pre-Order pricing: $79.99 ($69.99 with discount coupon via the website).
- Delivery: Digital (direct download only).
- Previous Shortnoise customers can e-mail Prodyon to upgrade for $49.99.
Shortnoise 2 requires the full version of Kontakt 5.1 or higher (sold separately). It does NOT work with the free Kontakt Player.