Propellerhead Software recently updated Reason, Reason Intro and Reason Lite to v10.3.
Reason 10.3 is the much anticipated "performance update", a big rewrite changing how Reason handles buffer sizes to work how VST plugins expect a host to work. There's now a setting in Reason's audio preference to "Render audio using audio card buffer size setting" that is on by default. But what does that mean in practice? Read more at propellerheads.com/blog/reason-103-is-here
New in 10.3:
- Big parts of Reason's audio rendering code is rewritten, now rendering audio using audio card buffer size (instead of a fixed size), to improve performance.
- New preference to enable the new audio rendering improvements (on by default, turn off for compatibility reasons).
- Removed "CPU Usage Limit" from Reason's preferences.
- Fixed a bug in the effects section of Europa and Grain.
- Fixed a bug in Grain that could cause it to crash when changing patch.
- Fixed an issue where macOS would say Reason was "not optimized for your Mac and need to be updated".
- Various bug fixes and improvements.