Psychic Modulation has released Undertow, a Beat Bending Dub Box designed primarily as a Multi-FX Unit for beats and drum loops, with consideration for other uses such as synth, bass and even vocals.
Regardless of what kind of sound you put into Undertow, it will boost your low-end bass frequency, crossfade the signal into a Speaker for lo-fi telephone EQ, and warm up the resulting tone with a Saturation Driver. Then pass your treated signal into the Echo for some dubby, phased out delays. Finally, the Bend Modulator will rhythmically shape the overall effect using phase-locked waveforms with adjustable start position for creating things like pumping drums and basslines, gated delay feedback, phaser and flanger effects, echo melting, spatial effects and more.
- Tone Booster: Bass Frequency Enhancer.
- Speaker: Telephone EQ Mixer.
- Saturation Driver.
- Echo: Analog tape style dub delay unit.
- Phase Filter: All-pass Delay Filter.
- Bend: Beat Specific LFO.
- Uses include: Ducking and Pumping, Feedback Gating, Echo Pitch Warping, Phaser Modulation, Flanger Effects and Spatial Effects.
- Sub Presets for each FX section.
- Randomization controls for each effect section.
- MIDI Learn and automation of most parameters.
- Double-Click Parameter Reset.
- Intuitive patch management system.
- 128 presets to get you started.
Price: $49 - Undertow is available for the introductory price of $39 for the month of April.