Replika Sound has released RSG05 Chorus Guitar, a new guitar virtual instrument sample library for Kontakt.
The instrument was made by combining two steel string guitars. It is designed to provide a resonant wide stereo sound or a shimmering mono tone. No synthetic Chorus or Stereo-Width Effects are used; it is all naturally achieved. It comes in both Picked and Finger-played versions.
- 8230 Samples.
- True Random-Robin note selection (in 5s for the most used articulations).
- 11 key-switched articulations.
- A "Chord Mode" with Strum Speed and Direction controls.
- One key triggered chords.
- Stereo Width Control.
- A "Tremelo Picking Mode" with Speed control.
- A Vibrato Key to provide a quick way of playing in vibrato on any articulation.
- Two Display Windows on the GUI - giving the name and constituent notes of each chord selected.
- Brightness Filters and Dynamic Envelopes which automatically respond to the velocity of each note played.
- A Page of Effects Units (EQ, Compression, Delay, Convolution Reverb).
- Includes a "Lite" RAM Saving version of each instrument (Random-Robin in 3s).
The one key triggered Chord Library includes:
- 30 Bar Chord shapes.
- 26 Common Open Chords.
- Power Chords for each note.
Key Switched Articulations:
- Legato (Non Vibrato).
- Hammer On.
- Pull Off.
- Slide Up into Note.
- Slide Down after Note.
- Fret Noises.
- Natural Harmonics.
- Sul Ponticello (Plucked near the bridge).
- SFX / Percussive Hits.
All main features of this instrument are fully MIDI automatable. All sounds were recorded with natural sustain and resonance (no loops).
Price: $40. The full version of Kontakt 5 is required.
This short Video shows what it can do out of the box: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oQ1wPRrlco
A SoundCloud version of the demo is here: soundcloud.com/replikasound/rsgl05-chorus-guitar-demo
Further information (and a Free version of RSGL01) is available to download from the Replika Sound Kontakt Instrs page together with a full feature guide.