Sinevibes has released Corrosion, a multi-purpose, multi-algorithm distortion processor. It features 7 distortion curves – from well-known classics to unique Sinevibes-developed "triangle clip" – all of which are 4x oversampled for a bright but clean sound. Corrosion also includes a pre-distortion filter for shaping the effect's tone, plus a crossover filter that allows for distortion of only the low frequency band, while keeping the high band untouched.
Corrosion includes a color-coded user interface designed to be clean and simple, with good contrast and legible typography for both studio and outdoor lighting.
- 7 distortion algorithms: exponential, soft clip, hard clip, triangle clip, triangle foldback, single foldback, multi foldback.
- 4x oversampling with polyphase sinc filter for aliasing suppression.
- Two-band -24 dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley crossover filter.
- Pre-distortion -12 dB/octave Butterworth low-pass or high-pass filter.
- Soft bypass switch with 20 ms crossfade between states.
- Color-coded control elements with animated transitions between settings.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for Retina screen resolution.
Requires macOS 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64-bit Intel Macs, and works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.