Sonivox has released Tony Coleman Drums, the first of the new Sonivox Signature Artist Series.
Renowned for his work with B.B. King, Etta James, Buddy Guy and Albert King, Tony's Mapex Saturn Series drum kit was expertly captured at the world-famous Ardent Studios in Memphis, TN, with Tony himself behind the drums. Using no-compromise audio recording equipment, each drum and cymbal was meticulously recorded in great detail, including additional tracking of the kick drums to a Studer 2-inch analog tape machine to capture the effect of tape compression and huge, warm bass frequencies. The recording session's impeccable realism and detail perfectly translates every one of Tony's drum samples to any modern digital audio workstation.
- 20 GB of expertly captured drum samples played by Tony Coleman.
- Recorded at Ardent Studios using top-shelf analog equipment.
- Kick drums were tracked to 2-inch analog tape for true tape compression sound.
- Intelligent Rhythm Control corrects note timing without sacrificing authenticity.
- All-new audio engine for uncanny realism.
- Comprehensive part editing; pitch, compression, filters, and EQ.
- Professional mixer interface lets users dial in part levels, panning, and room ambiance.
- Studio-grade master effects; reverb, compression, and EQ.
- 32 and 64-bit VST, 64-bit AU, Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools 11.
Price: $149.99 at www.sonivoxmi.com/TCD.