Tone2 updates Saurus to v2.6
Tone2 Audio has updated their analog-modeling synthesizer Saurus to v2.6, a free update for all Saurus users.
Saurus 2.6 is downward-compatible with all previous versions. All existing song-projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound-quality.
- Tooltips and Drag&Drop info can be hidden in the config section.
- Added Digital Signatures for the installers on PC.
- Added Notarisation for the installers on Mac.
- Support for Code-Signing on the Mac, since newer hosts may require it to be able to run plugins.
- Compatibility with MacOS Catalina.
- Completely new AudioUnit interface.
- A double-click on a knob resets in to the default value (Mac).
- PC and Mac version are loading faster.
- Chorus sounds smoother.
- Delay and PingPong sound more harmonic.
- Tube-distortion is more clear and supports oversampling.
- Menus are bigger.
- Check-marks in the list-selectors show the currently selected item.
- Workaround for a well-known bug in Apple's AU-manager: It is not longer necessary to reboot the Mac to detect the plugin.
- Better compatibility with Windows 10.
- Several small enhancements in the GUI.
- Slightly warmer sound.
- Saurus.pdf and .cfg files are not longer stored in plugin-directory.
- SaurusLog.txt is not longer created (Mac).
New features and enhancements (standalone-version for PC):
- Added a recorder that can export your jam-session to a wav-file.
- The BPM-rate can be changed.
- Added a soft-clipping-algorithm with low harmonic distortion.
- The current patch can be saved on exit and is reloaded automatically on start.
- MME-driver support.
- Midi-through support with output-routing.
- Added MIDI-velocity-curves with multipoint-splines.
- Optional MIDI-transposition with up to +-48 semitones.
- Optional MIDI-channel-filtering.
- The current BPM-rate, CPU-load and volume is shown on the top-panel.
- Tooltips are shown on the top-panel.
- Lower latency for the sound-card drivers.
- More responsive GUI with 120 Hz refresh-rate for smooth knob movements.
- Fixed a compatibility problem with some hosts where automation was not recorded correctly.
- Fixed a possible crash on loading the GUI.
- Cubase did display an incorrect plugin-version.
- Fixed two rarely appearing crashes on FL Studio Mac.
- Fixed a rarely appearing problem when envelope-parameters were not updated correctly.
- Fixed a rarely appearing crash in Reaper when ESC was pressed while a tooltip was shown.
- Fixed a problem where the demo could output garbage after the time has been running out.
- Fixed a bug where low frequencies were missing in the left channel.
- 32-bit on Mac is not longer supported. If you still use it, install Saurus 2.5 instead.
- MacOS 10.7 is the minimum requirement now. If you use 10.6 or 10.5, install Saurus 2.5 instead.