Ugo has released version 2.0 of Rez, a free virtual analog monosynth VSTi for Windows with a highly resonant filter that is capable of a wide range of sounds, from funky squishes, beastly basses and screaming leads, to tight arpeggiations, atmospheres, bells, and interesting effects.
- New GUI.
- Bigger and brighter sound, including a beefier sub and more pronounced detune (switchable back to the v1 sound).
- More aggressive overdrive.
- Phaser effect with optional LFO and velocity modulation.
- LFO start times sync to host play/record.
- 8 bar speed option for LFOs.
- Sample and hold waveform option for LFOs.
- MIDI CC support for most parameters.
- Oscillator phase offset adjustment (plus modulation).
- Aftertouch to detune + phase.
- 176 new presets (now 256 total).
- Fixed LFO timing bug.
- Fixed LFO waveform bug.
- Several control range adjustments.