Voxengo has updated SPAN Plus, an extended real-time "fast Fourier transform" audio spectrum analyzer plug-in, to version 1.6.
SPAN Plus is an extended version of the freeware SPAN plug-in: SPAN Plus provides several additional features such as PNG file export, real-time spectrum import/export and static spectrums display.
Version 1.6 includes the following changes:
- Implemented EBU-R128 "LUFS" and "LU" metering modes.
- Implemented "True Peak" peak level and clippings detection.
- Added 1/24 octave spectrum smoothing option.
- Added AIFF sound file support to Static spectrum load function.
- Increased resolution of saved static spectrum files.
- Added "Blackman" and "Hi-Res" spectrum window types.
This version improved the smoothness of real-time graphics draws on Windows systems, now graphics are drawn with better timing precision and less stuttering. This, however, may increase CPU load in comparison to the previous version: if this is unacceptable to you, simply decrease the "Frames Per Second" global Voxengo plugin setting.