Wallander Instruments has updated WIVI to v2.10.
- A high-quality parametric EQ for all layers, replacing the older features bass boost and high/low cut. This feature is backwards-compatible, meaning old projects automatically have their bass boost and high/low cut settings mapped to EQ settings when loaded.
- The quality of the "dry" sound in WIVI has also been dramatically improved, with a new sparse-reflections system. This is used to boost realism of both the direct sound and early reflections.
- WIVI's late reverb has also been replaced with a brand new high-density reverb engine, capable of rivaling some of the best reverbs on the market.
- The new spaciousness parameter controls the room character of the reverb. Higher settings produce a feeling of being surrounded by the sound, and low settings produce a more distinct stereo placement. The feature is used to control the stereo width of instruments, without affecting panning.
With the improvements in sound of the reverb, filters and dry sound, the recommendation is now to use WIVI's internal reverb over external reverbs even when you have access to a dedicated IR reverb plugin. Since the internal reverb was specifically designed for the sound and technology of WIVI, and now offers professional mixing quality, you are unlikely to gain from using an IR reverb. Mixing WIVI instruments directly in the WIVI player is more powerful, and far more flexible than using an external plugin.
- The preset environment library has been reworked to take full advantage of the new reverb engine. All preset environments have been re-designed from scratch, modelled from some of the world's most popular soundtrack and classical recordings. This includes two new theatre presets with soundstage acoustics.
- The instruments have been updated with some minor changes to take advantage of the new reverb system. Timing randomization, which by design adds instrument latency, is now off by default. Detuning of instruments has been slightly reworked, as has the vibrato.
- Some minor bugfixes, improved host compatibility on Mac such as Novation's Automap.