|Type / Tags||AmbisonicAmbisonicsGate ExpanderHigher Order AmbisonicsNoise GateSpatial Audio|
The aXGate by SSA Plugins is an Ambisonic noise gate and downwards expander. Any processing applied to Higher Order Ambisonics signals has to be handled carefully to ensure that the spatial balance of the sound scene is not disturbed. The aXGate lets you apply a noise gate to your tracks or busses without harming the delicate spatial balance of the Ambisonic signals.
Features and Parameters
The aXGate has the following parameters:
- Input gain - boost or cut the input gain.
- Output make-up gain - adjust the output level to compensate for a reduction in overall level due to compression.
- Threshold - the threshold level above which a signal will have compression applied.
- Ratio - controls the amount of gain reduction applied when signals go above the Threshold.
- Knee width - control how smoothly the compressor goes from uncompressed to compressed as signal level increases. Zero knee width is a hard knee.
- Attack time - the time in milliseconds for the compressor to become fully active once the signal goes above the Threshold.
- Release time - the time in milliseconds for the compressor to stop acting on the signal once it falls below the Threshold.
- RMS or peak detection - control whether it is the signals peak or average levels that are used to determine if the level is above the Threshold.
- Gain Reduction display - shows the amount of gain reduction applied over time. The range can be adjusted by right clicking and selecting a new range.
Input: Any Ambisonic channel format with the W channel on the first input.
Output: The same as the output.
Available Versions: The aXGate is available with 3 levels of spatial resolution, with different maximum Ambisonic orders:
- a1Gate - gate first-order Ambisonic signals.
- a3Gate - gate up-to third-order Ambisonic signals.
- a7Gate - gate up-to seventh-order Ambisonic signals.