|Type / Tags||Exciter / EnhancerDistortion / Overdrive / AmpDynamics (Compressor / Limiter)EQ|
OS X 10.6 for latest version
ColorTone-Pro is a Tone Box which simulates the signal path of analog devices through the use of convolution and various proprietary non-linear processes. ColorTone-Pro is designed to provide analog-like character and flavor to the modern digital audio workstation.
ColorTone-Pro comes with a collection of classic studio models, including samples from world-class tape machines, EQs and mixing consoles.
ColorTone-Pro also allows you to load your own samples (instructions for sampling your own equipment are included) and provides you with our custom-coded Warmth algorithm to enhance the signal-path with extra harmonic goodness.
Additionally, ColorTone-Pro allows you to multiply the color of the selected circuit, increasing the color from the standard character to several times the original color.
- Warmth: Adds additional, pleasing harmonic content to the signal. Positive settings "fatten" the sound, while negative setting are used to "thin" or "digitalize" a source.
- Color: Multiplies the intensity of the original IR color from natural to several times greater. Negative settings reverse the color.
- Norm Mode: Norm mode is straight modeling (100% wet). The intensity is set by the Color control.
- Blend Mode: In blend mode, a cross-fade is calculated in real-time between the dry (original) and the wet (convoluted) signals. The ratio of these signals, as a result of this cross-fade, is based on the amplitude of your input signal. The hotter the input signal, the more color in the final result, as the cross-fade will tend more towards the wet signal. By changing the strength of the wet signal, you can reshape the dynamics of your audio:
- If the wet signal is lower than the dry signal (this is usually the case when the top of the frequency curve is below the upper-middle portion of the frequency graph), you're turning the plugin into a compressor.
- If the wet signal is higher than the dry signal (this is usually the case when the top of the frequency curve is above the upper-middle portion of the frequency graph), you're turning the plugin into an expander.
- And this compression (or expansion) is nice and colored.
- SLOW/FAST: User-selectable speed /knee options for blend mode operation:
- "SLOW" will provide a gentle softknee, "compressor-like", operation.
- "FAST" use an harder and more aggressive knee that emulate saturation of preamps & tape machines.
- In: Controls the main input level.
- Out: Controls the main output level.
- The "Lock": When The Lock is on, the output knob automatically compensates for the gain setting of the input knob. Useful for "driving" the emulated unit when in BLEND mode.