HoRNet ElliptiQ is an elliptic equalizer, this kind of tool is a very special case of equalizer that has its root in the vinyl cutting era.
An elliptic eq works on the side component of the signal, so first the plugin encodes the stereo signal in the Mid/Side matrix extracting the difference from the left and right channel, then the side part of the channel is filtered with a low shelf leaving intact only the mid part, after the reconstruction you get a stereo output reduced in wideness un the low frequencies.
HoRNet ElliptiQ allows you to filter out frequencies up to 2000Hz, so it extends well into the mid frequencies. To cut the stereo info you can use a Butterworth style low shelf with three different slopes: 12, 24 and 48 dB/octave so from a gentle curve to a very steep one.
EllpitiQ also offer a very unique "auto width" feature, when activated the difference between the mid and side informations is continuously evaluated and if the side is too high (hence the stereo width of the bass is too wide) it is automatically reduced to avoid creating issues and give more impact to the track.
The plugin also provides a very handy correlation meter divided into seven key frequencies so that you may spot issues with anti phase in different areas of the spectrum.
- Elliptic eq from 20 to 2000 Hz.
- Three different slopes: 12, 24, 48 dB/octave.
- Stereo wideness for low frequency from 100% to mono.
- Automatic stereo wideness setting.
- Correlation meter with 7 frequency bands.
- Mac OS X (>=10.7) and Windows support.
- 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3, AAX format.