|Type / Tags||Guitar|
2GB+ RAM, 5GB+ free hard drive space
Windows 7 SP1/Windows 8.1/Windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit
VST2/VST3/AAX 32-bit or 64-bit host
2GB+ RAM, 5GB+ free hard drive space
OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11
VST2 32-bit/VST3 64-bit/AU 32-bit or 64-bit/AAX 32-bit or 64-bit host
|Copy Protection||Key File|
RealRick virtual guitar instrument with the unmistakable sound of a legendary Rickenbacker electric guitar, which became permanently intertwined with the sound of The Beatles.
In the early 1960s Rickenbacker history became forever wedded to one of the biggest music upheavals of the 20th century: the invasion of the mop-top Beatles from Liverpool, England. The Beatles created unprecedented, international interest in Rickenbackers.
RealRick - sample-based virtual instrument with an innovative approach to guitar sound modeling and guitar techniques emulating on a standard MIDI keyboard.
RealRick provides incredible playability based on the unique performance modes and easy-to-use keyboard layout as well as the advanced key/pedal/velocity switch system allowing a keyboardist to perform guitar parts with a whole new level of realistic expression. RealRick covers practically all sounds, articulations, and techniques a professional guitarist can produce on his Rickenbacker, including mute, bridge mute, harmonics, pinch harmonics, unison bend, strumming, picking, chord chopping, scrapes, and much more...
24-bit 96 kHz high quality dry samples recorded directly from pick-ups let you easily create any desired guitar sound using your favorite amplifier simulator.
RealRick includes 8 guitar patches:
6-string - Mono
12-string A - Mono, 3rd string pair tuned in OCTAVE
12-string B - Mono, 3rd string pair tuned in UNISON
6-string (Stereo/Double-track): full Stereo (emulates 'Rick-O-Sound' stereo output) when used in RealRick single output version; double tracked patch when used in RealRick two output versions
12-string A and B (Stereo/Mono): main (sustain) sound is Stereo (6/6 strings split), additional sounds/noises are Mono
12-string A and B (Stereo/Double-track): full Stereo (emulates 'Rick-O-Sound' stereo output) when used in RealRick single output version; double tracked patch when used in RealRick two output versions.
- Multi-channel layering technology, incorporating a custom library of specially recorded samples taken from every fret of all 6 strings of a real guitar.
- The unique Floating Fret Position technology, which imitates change of fret position of a guitarist's hand on the neck. This gives you the possibility of playing on up to 140 guitar frets using just 46 keys of a standard keyboard!
- Guitar Touch technology letting you easily imitate basic guitar techniques (strumming, plucking, sliding, bending, muting, etc...), using standard MIDI keyboard and MIDI controllers, such as Pitch Bender, Modulation Wheel, Sustain Pedal, Aftertouch.
- Sound Humanize technology allowing to wholly reduce 'machine gun' effect on note repetition (tremolo, strumming, plucking, etc...).
- Guitar Rhythm Pattern technology providing powerful Pattern Manager completed with huge MusicLab Guitar Pattern Library for easily creating guitar accompaniment tracks. All you have to do is to find the appropriate rhythm pattern (s) in the Pattern Manager tree view, copy it to the needed number of measures, start your sequencer and use MIDI keyboard to play chord changes, or alternatively add chords to a MIDI track via sequencer's editor.
- The unique Struminator technology letting you use alternative MIDI controller (standard Guitar Hero game controller for Sony Playstation 3 by Activision Inc.) for creating authentic guitar accompaniment parts with ease and fun.
These technologies allow to closely emulate live guitar sound and performance, letting you create guitar parts with a whole new level of realistic expression.
Reviewed By tommyzai
September 30, 2014
RealRick by MusicLab is an extraordinary virtual guitar that is modeled after two of the most sought after instruments ever made. Some years back I sustained an injury, which has made playing "real" instruments nearly impossible. Yet, I continued to produce music by either hiring a guitarist of making due with sample library instruments. MusicLab eventually came to my rescue by developing RealGuitar for my acoustic needs and RealStrat for my blues, garage rock, funk, and surf needs. I really dig those two instruments, and they have become indispensable musical tools. Note: RealLPC is on my list, but I'm not as much into classic rock and metal and the other genres associated with that fine guitar. What I really hoped for was just released and is now on my MacBook — a virtual 6 and 12-string Rick! I am a huge fan of the British Invasion sound as well as the later jangle guitar bands. My biggest influences are the Beatles, Joy Division, New Order, REM, The Smiths, Oasis, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. One of the things they have in common is the unmistakable jangly bell-tone rhythm guitar. I simple love that sound, and now I have it! But I found RealRick to be much more than just an authentic, great sounding Rickenbacker 6 and 12-string sample library. RealRick also features MusicLab's Pattern Manager and Guitar Pattern Library that assist in creating backing rhythm tracks. This is a very playable instrument that is also fun to play.
- Ordering and downloading was straightforward.
- Surprisingly usable manual.
- Installing, authorizing, and launching was a snap.
- Interface is attractive.
- I selected the "Chords" button, pressed and held a key, was instantly reminded of the early Beatles sound, and smiled.
- User-friendly, inspiring interface.
- Deep pattern library and excellent pattern browser.
- Flexible switch system.
- Extensive array of usable articulations (mutes, harmonics, bends, chopping, scrapes, etc.) — yields very realistic results.
- Four chord positions with graphic fret-board note/chord display.
- Sounds great and is recorded DRY as a bone! Thankfully, there are no baked in effects.
- Convenient standalone version (and plugins of course).
- Stereo and Mono just like the real thing.
- Good price considering what this instrument is capable of doing.
- Innovative developer, known for frequent updates.
- What guitar is next?
- Any chance MusicLab will release a bass collection?
This is a bittersweet day for me as an eMusican/producer. It's sweet because I finally have the virtual guitar I always dreamt about. It's bitter because I no longer have an excuse for not making music. Like the other offerings by MusicLab, RealRick sounds great and inspires creativity. It is addictive, which is much better than staring at my controller and waiting for lightning to strike. I highly recommend RealRick to any eMusician, producer, film and gamer scorer, DJ, sound designer, etc., who is looking for a virtual Rickenbacker 6 and 12-string guitar. If you dig the early to mid-60s sound and the later jangle stuff of the 80s and 90s, this should be on your wishlist. I have no regrets picking this up, and sincerely hope others will share my excitement over this new release. "We keep working to make your music production life even more fun than it is today!" Well, Tommy Zai is having more fun and gives RealRick two big thumbs up! Thank you MusicLab for adding this authentic, legendary guitar to your collection.
Note: In my upcoming project I anticipate using RealStrat for leads, RealGuitar for anything acoustic, and RealRick for Electric Rhythm.
RealRick v4 Update
The new RealRick version skips from v1 to v4. This seemed strange to me at first, but then I thought about it and think I figured out Musiclab's rationale. Their other, more seasoned, instruments have naturally progressed through the versions, i.e., 1, 2, 3, and 4. They used the same research and development to bump RealRick up to v4. Like RealStrat and others, RealRick now has improved sound and performance. The most noteworthy new feature is the Song Mode, which helps turn this fine instrument into a powerful workstation. At the risk of criticism, Musiclab seems to be taking a path similar to Toontrack. I see this as brilliant. Most experienced electronic music makers have more plugins than they can count; yet, how many do they use. .. or more importantly, how many help the creative process? The Real instrument line are extremely musical and serve as a songwriting assistant. In use, ideas develop and flow instead of going somewhere to rot and die. Some of my favorite new features include:
• Global Song Mode with option to export MIDI
• Easy chord change and pattern insertion
• Increased strum time range
• Advanced humanize engine with several parameters and randomization options.
All in all, this is a sweet update, and I'm glad I picked it up. It's worth all $49 as an upgrade for registered users. RealRick perfectly captures the chimey, bell-like jangle. Thank you, Musiclab!.
*On a side note, it's been a rough year financially, and I was forced to sell my Jetglow 620 to pay some bills. Using RealRick eases the pain!Read more