Gibson's Les Paul Custom, a higher end variation of the Gibson Les Paul guitar has been used by the majority of world famous musicians, spanning generations and genres, such as Wes Montgomery, Al Di Meola, Pat Metheny, Chuck Berry, Jeff Beck, Peter Frampton, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, B.B.King, Bob Marley, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, Gary Moore, Eddie Van Halen and many others.
RealLPC - sample-based virtual instrument with an innovative approach to guitar sound modeling and guitar techniques emulating on a standard MIDI keyboard.
RealLPC provides incredible playability based on the unique performance modes and easy-to-use keyboard layout as well as the advanced key/pedal/velocity switch system allowing a keyboardist to perform guitar parts with a whole new level of realistic expression. RealLPC covers practically all sounds, articulations, and techniques a professional guitarist can produce on his Les Paul, including mute, bridge mute, harmonics, pinch harmonics, unison bend, strumming, picking, chord chopping, scrapes, and much more...
Ways of using
There are three ways of using RealLPC virtual instrument:
- Intuitive keyboard layout allows Live/MIDI Keyboard performance with numerous articulations, noises, guitar-specific tricks, strumming and finger picking techniques.
- Any guitar performance produced on a MIDI keyboard can be recorded or directly programmed in a MIDI track of any DAW.
- Built-in Song sequencer designed to arrange up to the entire song by simply inserting chord symbols and selecting pre-recorded guitar rhythm patterns.
Sounds and noises
We've carefully and meticulously recorded high quality dry samples of each fret of all strings directly from Les Paul Custom pick-ups which let you easily create any desired guitar sound using your favorite amplifier simulator. RealLPC sample library includes not only sustain sounds, but also other guitar-specific sounds with dynamics and nuances an experienced performer can get from his/her instrument.
Techniques and control
An authentic sounding guitar part cannot be recorded by using samples on their own, but requires a bunch of guitar-specific techniques, which are simulated in RealLPC. Whether you are playing live or programming a DAW, these techniques are controllable by using special gestures, key switches, key velocity, modulation wheel, sustain pedal, key aftertouch, MIDI CC, DAW parameter automation, and any combinations of these.
Guitar chord voicing is very unique depending on guitar construction and is absolutely necessary to reproduce in order to achieve authentically sounding chordal parts. Our patented technology provides accurate reproduction of guitar chord voicing automatically for 30 chord types in all existing inversions, extensions and alterations.
In order to record an authentic accompaniment track, most session guitarists carefully study characteristic rhythm parts for the required style. We created a huge rhythm library consisting of 1250 patterns. It can be easily used for quickly creating guitar accompaniment parts in the DAW or in our internal Song sequencer.
Sophisticated humanization algorithms vary samples, technique and control parameters, timing, chord strum aspects to reach best possible realism in guitar tracks. That helps you bring a digitally simulated guitar performance maximally close to an analog recording of a best-in-class session guitarist.
RealLPC and all MusicLab Virtual Guitars are simply the best in the industry. They are convenient, featured packed and give the user endless musical options. Whether a Beginner, Professional or a Producer you will find our products the answer for all of your virtual guitar needs.
- RealLPC Double-Track.
- Standard and Baritone tunings.
- 24-bit samples.
- Three pickup selections - Neck, Bridge, Neck + Bridge (with volume balance).
- High quality guitar samples.
- Multi-channel sample layering technology.
- Every fret of all 6 strings sampled, up to 30 different samples for repeated notes.
- Authentic, deep velocity response.
- Full length (recorded with full attack and sustain).
- Muted (fret hand mute).
- Bridge Mute (right hand mute).
- Pinch Harmonics.
- Pick Noise.
- Fret Noise.
- Release Noise.
- Fret Position select.
- Pick Position select.
- Drop D, Drop C tuning (Solo mode).
- Violining (volume swell).
- Sustainer (sound swell).
- FeedBacker (harmonic feedback).
- Wah-Wah (MIDI CC control, Auto, Modulation).
- Up/Down strokes.
- Slide Up/Down (automatic and manual).
- Tremolo, Trill.
- Bend auto.
- Reverse Bend auto.
- MonoBend (Unison Bend).
- Muted Strums Up/Down.
- Slow Strums Up/Down.
- Strum Speed adjustable.
- Strum layers (string groups) control.
- Number of strings used in strums adjustable.
- And more.
- Solo, Harmony, Bass&Chord, Bass&Pick, Chords.
- Multi mode (universal).
- MIDI Guitar (normal guitar via MIDI interface input).
- Up to 30 Key/Pedal/Velocity/Mod.Wheel Switch FX.
- 33 keys for Key Switches.
- Custom Key Switch presets (save/load).
- Toggle/Temporary switch modes.
- 1-4 note piano chords to 6-voice guitar chords real-time translation.
- 30 chord types recognition, including sus2, sus4, 6/9, 7th, 9th and altered chords.
- 4 chord positions along the fretboard.
- Slash Bass Chords option - allows to perform major/minor triads with any note in the bass.
- About 2000 instant guitar chord shapes.
- Edit/change factory chord fingerings with a mouse click.
- Create custom chord banks.
- Sound, Timing, Velocity, Pitch randomization.
Song mode, a powerful songwriting tool:
- Easy-to-use built-in Song Track for constructing guitar parts.
- Powerful Style Filter letting you find suitable patterns by musical criteria.
- Chord Selector, allowing to quickly select and insert chords.
- Import the whole chord sets directly from WEB page or Text document.
- Export Song Track as a Standard MIDI file to use with any third party instruments.
- Advanced Humanize engine, allowing you to easily add more realism to the performance with a mouse click.
- 1250 guitar rhythm patterns covering a wide range of music styles.
- Pattern Tree view allowing to easily find/select rhythm patterns.
- Pattern view, graphically presenting guitar 'Strokes' contained in the current rhythm pattern.
- Auditioning selected pattern by simply pressing chord on the external keyboard without starting your host sequencer.
- Total synchronization with host's tempo, start/stop, beats, loop, time signature...
- Drag'n'Drop selected pattern from Pattern window right to your host's MIDI track.
Bonus Software: RealLPC (downloadable and retail) ships with IK Multimedia Amplitube Custom Shop software, a special limited version of AmpliTube 4, IK's complete guitar amp modeling solution.