€119 / $119
|Type / Tags||Guitar|
XP or later, 2GHz, 1GB RAM
10.6 or later, 2GHz, 1GB RAM
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Guitarist is a complete guitar playing software, including different guitars, amps, effects and a versatile step sequencer system which makes it easy to create "insane" guitar riffs and licks on the fly.
Convincing guitar riffs, combined with amps, wah pedals and effects. The actual guitar player has been transformed into a step sequencer system that allows control of playing styles, chord progressions and song structures. Guitarist can be played live as well, with just two fingers you can combine chords and patterns easily. You can choose from factory chords or just create your own chords on the fingerboard. The Action Section allows you to tweak the sequence in realtime and apply timestretch, looper or other crazy effects.
Some more info about the single features:
- Pattern Sequencer: On 16 steps you can determine if a chord is triggered, which strings are played and if the strum goes up- or downward. The playing style (normal, dead, damped) can be determined and the strum speed can be made slower or a double strum ca be triggered. Slides, bends, vibrato and portamento can be made and strings can be stopped at any time.
- Chord Sequencer: On 16 steps you can create chord-progressions from the factory chords or self-made user-chords. Each step of the chord sequencer can be repeated up to 16 times. That way you can create long lasting compositions and change chords also earlier or later.
- Animation: In the animation sequencer each finger can be moved up or downward by 3 seminotes. You can use it for little melodies and alternating chords and it brings immediate beauty and life to your riff.
- Song: On 16 steps you can combine the 24 available patterns to create songs or complex riffs. Each step of the pattern sequencer can be repeated for up to 16 times, that allows long pattern progressions and pattern changes also at uneven times.
- Action Section: Here you get some realtime action to tweak the pattern with just pressing a button. Quickly apply a Looper, Timestretcher, slow the sequencer down or force dead or damped notes.
- Amp: Two amp models are available as well as a direct out mode for your favorite amp-emulator-software.
- Effekte: Two effect-units with 10 effects altogether provide the colors you are looking for. Additionally there is a multimode Wah Pedal that provides a classical wah, talk wah and volume pedal/tremolo mode.
- Guitar: Each finger on the fretboard shows its note name which makes it easy to identify, alternate and create chords. 24 chords can be saved on the "Chord Board" to be called with the Sequencer or with your keyboard.
- Keyboard: Here the sequencer is triggered and the 24 User-chords and Patterns are called for playback and editing.
Reviewed By mwarts
September 6, 2010
The Guitarist however had a different approach than most of the competition.
Here we have a complete simulation of a chord / rhythm guitar.
Nearly every aspect of the guitar can be tweaked and even changed using automation from your DAW.
The UI is nice to look at, can be a bit confusing at first, when you are no guitar player like me.
Especially the Song/Pattern/ Animation etc. Tabs are not so straight forward in my opinion. The Manual is kind a short and I wish it goes more into details. Since there is a big Preset Library to start with, you can look how a preset is done, and with a little effort you quickly make your own riffs and chord progression.
The Installation is straight forward on OS X, the registration with the Serial Number no hassle at all.
The Sound is outstanding, truly is a Guitarist waiting for my command in my DAW. There are 4 electric Guitar Models to choose from.
Two AMP models, and one called DJ which is kinda pass-through so you can use your VST Amp Simulation of your Choice.
There is a Multifx Section where you find all your needs fulfilled.
Reverb, Chorus, Delays etc.
A Wah-Wah section also is included, wich can be LFO driven or Manually used.
I was in contact with support because I also tried to install it on my Windows PC, which didn't work at first, but thanx for the fast (and I mean Fast) help I got could be solved.
I recommend you download the Demo and listen for yourself.Read more