|Type / Tags||Guitar|
2GB+ RAM, 5GB+ free hard drive space
Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1/Windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit
VST2/VST3/AAX 32-bit or 64-bit host
2GB+ RAM, 5GB+ free hard drive space
OS X 10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12/10.13/10.14
VST2/VST3/AU/AAX 32-bit or 64-bit host
|Copy Protection||Key File|
The Fender Stratocaster(R) is and has always been the most popular electric guitar since its creation in 1954. Its unique sound is the favorite of many of the world's finest guitarists and has been featured on countless historic recordings in all genres of music.
RealStrat sample-based virtual instrument faithfully reproduces the Stratocaster(R) sound from both the sonic and playability perspectives. Our advanced technology gives its users the freedom to create everything from simple strumming techniques to the most sophisticated solos.
There are three ways of using RealStrat virtual instrument:
- Intuitive keyboard layout allows Live/MIDI Keyboard performance with numerous articulations, noises, guitar-specific tricks, strumming and finger picking techniques.
- Any guitar performance produced on a MIDI keyboard can be recorded or directly programmed in a MIDI track of any DAW.
- Built-in Song sequencer designed to arrange up to the entire song by simply inserting chord symbols and selecting pre-recorded guitar rhythm patterns.
Sounds and noises
We've carefully and meticulously recorded high quality dry samples of each fret of all strings directly from Stratocaster pick-ups which let you easily create any desired guitar sound using your favorite amplifier simulator. RealStrat sample library includes not only sustain sounds, but also other guitar-specific sounds with dynamics and nuances an experienced performer can get from his/her instrument.
Techniques and control
An authentic sounding guitar part cannot be recorded by using samples on their own, but requires a bunch of guitar-specific techniques, which are simulated in RealStrat. Whether you are playing live or programing a DAW, these techniques are controllable by using special gestures, key switches, key velocity, modulation wheel, sustain pedal, key aftertouch, MIDI CC, DAW parameter automation, and any combinations of these.
Guitar chord voicing is very unique depending on guitar construction and is absolutely necessary to reproduce in order to achieve authentically sounding chordal parts. Our patented technology provides accurate reproduction of guitar chord voicing automatically for 30 chord types in all existing inversions, extensions and alterations.
In order to record an authentic accompaniment track, most session guitarists carefully study characteristic rhythm parts for the required style. We created a huge rhythm library consisting of 1250 patterns. It can be easily used for quickly creating guitar accompaniment parts in the DAW or in our internal Song sequencer.
Sophisticated humanization algorithms vary samples, technique and control parameters, timing, chord strum aspects to reach best possible realism in guitar tracks. That helps you bring a digitally simulated guitar performance maximally close to an analog recording of a best-in-class session guitarist.
RealStrat and all MusicLab Virtual Guitars are convenient, featured packed and give the user endless musical options. Whether a Beginner, Professional or a Producer you will find our products the answer for all of your virtual guitar needs.
MusicLab. Making Virtual Instruments a Reality since 2004.
What's New in version 5.
- Strat Double Track.
- Elite Double Track.
- 12-string A.
- 12-string B.
- Standard and Baritone tunings.
- 24-bit samples.
- Three pickups (neck, middle, bridge).
- Seven pickup combinations available.
- High quality guitar samples.
- Multi-channel sample layering technology.
- Every fret of all 6/7 strings sampled, up to 30 different samples for repeated notes.
- Authentic, deep velocity response.
- Full length (recorded with full attack and sustain).
- Muted (fret hand mute).
- Bridge Mute (right hand mute).
- Pinch Harmonics.
- Stop Slap.
- Pick Noise.
- Fret Noise.
- Release Noise.
- Fret Position select.
- Pick Position select.
- Drop D, Drop C tuning (Solo mode).
- Violining (volume swell).
- Sustainer (sound swell).
- FeedBacker (harmonic feedback).
- Wah-Wah (MIDI CC control, Auto, Modulation).
- Up/Down strokes.
- Slide Up/Down (automatic and manual).
- Tremolo, Trill.
- Bend auto.
- Reverse Bend auto.
- MonoBend (Unison Bend).
- Muted Strums Up/Down.
- Slow Strums Up/Down.
- Strum Speed adjustable.
- Strum layers (string groups) control.
- Number of strings used in strums adjustable.
- And more.
- Solo, Harmony, Bass&Chord, Bass&Pick, Chords.
- Multi mode (universal).
- MIDI Guitar (normal guitar via MIDI interface input).
- Up to 30 Key/Pedal/Velocity/Mod.Wheel Switch FX.
- 33 keys for Key Switches.
- Custom Key Switch presets (save/load).
- Toggle/Temporary switch modes.
- 1-4 note piano chords to 6-voice guitar chords real-time translation.
- 30 chord types recognition, including sus2, sus4, 6/9, 7th, 9th and altered chords.
- 4 chord positions along the fretboard.
- Slash Bass Chords option - allows to perform major/minor triads with any note in the bass.
- About 2000 instant guitar chord shapes.
- Edit/change factory chord fingerings with a mouse click.
- Create custom chord banks.
- Sound, Timing, Velocity, Pitch randomization.
Song mode, a powerful songwriting tool
- Easy-to-use built-in Song Track for constructing guitar parts.
- Powerful Style Filter letting you find suitable patterns by musical criteria.
- Chord Selector, allowing to quickly select and insert chords.
- Import the whole chord sets directly from WEB page or Text document.
- Export Song Track as a Standard MIDI file to use with any third party instruments.
- Advanced Humanize engine, allowing you to easily add more realism to the performance with a mouse click.
- 1250 guitar rhythm patterns covering a wide range of music styles.
- Pattern Tree view allowing to easily find/select rhythm patterns.
- Pattern view, graphically presenting guitar 'Strokes' contained in the current rhythm pattern.
- Auditioning selected pattern by simply pressing chord on the external keyboard without starting your host sequencer.
- Total synchronization with host's tempo, start/stop, beats, loop, time signature...
- Drag'n'Drop selected pattern from Pattern window right to your host's MIDI track.
Reviewed By tommyzai
December 5, 2012
The last version thoughts are at the bottom. .. .
RealStrat v4 by MusicLab is an excellent Fender Stratocaster software emulation that is extremely playable and great sounding.
The purchase, download, install, and authorization process is simple. In no time, users will be up and running. There are no dongles, just a simple license file. Another cool thing new users will quickly notice is the size of the package. The application itself is only 45MB and is linked to a sample library of a mere 915MB. I get amazing quality audio without filling my hard drive with a zillion levels of questionable samples. I believe MusicLab incorporates a combination of samples and algorithms to accomplish this dead-on emulation. Regardless of what's under the hood, RealStrat has exactly what is needed and sounds great.
The interface is clean, modern, and inviting. The learning curve is moderate. It should only take a couple hours to learn where everything is and how it works, but after that. .. you'll be jamming away.
When I first launched RealStrat, I smiled and thought to myself, "MusicLab has done it again!" Just like RealGuitar, this electric version has excellent performance modes. I turned up the volume on Solo Mode and played a cool little lick for my guitarist, who had his back turned at the time. He quickly spun around and was in shock for two reasons: 1. I'm a terrible guitarist, and what I played sounded great. 2. I was using a plugin. I had to prove to him I wasn't playing a loop sample. I'm grateful to no longer have to spend weeks learning key-switches. For me, this software is fun right out of the box. I just launch and let my muse carry me away.
Just like the "real" Strat, this virtual version is capable of a wide variety of tones, ranging from clean funk to crisp surf to aggressive speed metal arpeggios to down-n-dirty blues licks. In addition, users have access to all the nuances that make a guitar performance sound authentic — mutes, harmonics, scrapes, slaps, fret noise, pick noise, volume swells, feedback, wah-wah, hammers, slides, legato, etc. All of these little features help to recreate spontaneity and a human feel. It's very playable and allows users to quickly create chord progressions, record lead and rhythm tracks, and even final tracks (with a little extra effort in adding nuances).
WHY A STRAT
Even though many players use a Stratocaster, whether it be real or virtual, they can sound totally different from one another. David Gilmour chose it as his main instrument because it was the guitar which, "allowed the player to express his or her personality the best." It's perfect for sounding exactly like another player, or like no other player.
OVERALL FEATURES I DIG
• Attractive GUI
• Fast loading
• Excellent workflow
• Stand-alone and plugin
• Randomize dynamics
• Drag-n-Drop patterns
• CPU efficient
• Extremely stable
• Small footprint
• Responsive developer — usually answers my Q's within a day
• Good value.
NEW V4 FEATURES I ESPECIALLY DIG
• The new Song Mode is much better for composing. It's easy to insert chord changes into the Song Track via the Smart Chord Selector. Patterns can also be inserted on the fly.
• The Advanced Humanize Engine helps to add more realism to the performance with a simple mouse click. Randomization options include sound, timing, velocity, and pitch.
• Another convenient new feature is the ability to export a MIDI file from the Song Mode, which, like patterns, can then be dragged and dropped into a DAW or MIDI editor. I believe the tracks are exported as Standard MIDI, making it universally accepted by other apps and instruments.
RealStrat continues to be the best sample-based Stratocaster emulation on the market. And, the best just got better with the release of version four, which is a robust upgrade containing several new features and improvements. I highly recommend this audio software to anyone creating music digitally, who wants or needs a virtual Strat for jamming, composing, or recording. The sound is all there! Words that come to mind are: VERSATILE! FLEXIBLE! AUTHENTIC! This is almost as good as the real thing! For nearly 60-years, the Fender Strat has represented the ultimate in electric guitar versatility, and RealStrat helps to carry that tradition in software form. When you don't have much money, you need to make sure every penny is spent wisely. This is a great value — lots of bang for the buck. I've paid more for confusing sample libraries and hiring the wrong "guitarists." All in all, this virtual guitar is fantastic. Will RealStrat replace a virtuoso guitarist? Probably not! But, it could possibly replace you and me. LOL. I highly recommend this fine audio software to any eMusician, producer, etc., who wants to write, produce, and record sensational electric guitar parts that have a classic Fender flavor, whether it be rhythms, leads, or FX. Thank you MusicLab! Great stuff.
RealStrat v5 by MusicLab
INTRO: RealStrat v5 is the latest virtual Stratocaster offering by MusicLab. It includes two Strat combination options. A RealStrat Standard version that is an updated version of v4 and RealStrat Elite, which is a completely new supercharged version that has been deeply resampled at each pickup position. Both versions boast an attractive, neatly organized new interface that's both eye-pleasing and inviting — seasoned users will have no problem navigating v5, and new users won't be scared-off (however, there will be a learning curve).
PROS: The features that made the first four versions a success are still there, fully intact, i.e., the sound, strum-ability, play-ability, humanization, etc. There are many improvements and new features, most notably the new Multi-Performance Mode (live control of solo and strum and chord positions). This makes it much easier to sequence realistic sounding guitar tracks. I especially dig the Song section. I have a friend who boasts about the Key Switch FX in chordal mode — this is a deep instrument. I've only scratched the surface, but having fun — not stressed, lost, or overwhelmed while demoing. There is a new option that allows users to choose between a black & white and color guitar theme. V5 features increased control over timbre via the three pickup configuration and pick position options. The Bridge & Neck combination is exceptionally rich and REAListic. The 12-string versions are a nice surprise.
CONS: Learning curve increase. Larger sample size footprint for Elite version. Otherwise, I found no negatives, only positives.
SUMMARY: The best virtual guitar emulation app/plugin just got better. This is a fun, playable, great sounding virtual instrument. All-in-all, this is an outstanding and significant update that is well worth the money — especially purchased on a special sale. Great job, MusicLab! I continue to be a proud user.