|Type / Tags|
Synth1 Librarian is a free VST plugin designed to accompany Ichiro Toda's Synth1 Analog Synth VST instrument. It allows you to quickly find patches within your patch library – useful when you have over 17,000 patches.
- Organises your patches into over 50 Categories
- Uses heuristics to find similar sounding patches.
- Lets you reorganise your Patches, however you want.
- Random patch selection, to help find undiscovered sounds
- Intelligently scans your entire zipbank folder for patches.
- Automatically excludes duplicate libraries
- Create your own Categories and Banks
- Save custom patches from Synth1 directly into your own banks.
- Apply colouring to any patch.
- Patch parameters can be adjusted/automated from the host DAW.
Here's a video explaining what it is, and how it works (old alpha version):
Reviewed By dune_rave
May 13, 2018
This is a cool librarian software, in my experience on win10 64-bit with Reaper, it works well.
Synth1 was always the best freeware alternative for synth plugins, .
but I stopped using it years ago, just because i missed a great preset browser inside it.
Now with this librarian, Synth1 is in my plugin folder again.
In the past I also did some Synth1 trick (e.g created an Excel macro, to generate random patches for ten banks).
With this librarian, I'm able to find the right presets among thousands of presets.
For example I liked the distorted guitar sounds of ReFX Slayer (yeah, I could use it from FLStudio), .
and now I can click on "guitar" in this librarian, and easily find some brutal distorted guitar sounds among the Synth1 presets.
The other freeware synth I use is Dexed. also have a "limited" patch manager - I only wish there were some simlar librarian to that.
This is a super cool addition to the already legendary Synth1, and if you also like it, please consider a donation of your choice.Read more
Reviewed By connmach
January 29, 2018
Very very nice! Thank you! works like a charm. Nice design. Can't wait until you go do this magic on other oldies and new ones.
Add a " new bank builder" with dragging and dropping the presets and like I said capable of more plugins would make this a totally payable plugin.Read more