112dB has announced the release of Mikron Cascade, an audio effect for Windows and Mac.
Mikron Cascade is designed to create atmospheric, ambient and drone soundscapes, and diffuse any sound input into a lively, lush, warm 'sound cloud'. The fine-tuned delay models are specifically intended to create organic cinematic atmospheres.
Mikron Cascade has been originally developed as a sound effect for the Cascade synthesizer. Thanks to its complex delay network a sound run through it can develop over time, adding extra dimensions. 112dB wants it to be the ideal plug-in for those who are looking for a high quality ambient reverb, but one with complexity.
- Can densify any signal up to 5832 times, and turn a succession of sounds into colored noise.
- The carefully designed delay network can add a pleasant complexity to the sound over time.
- 6 Different delay network models (fine-tuned and adapted to hearing).
- Freeze shortcut to build up ambient sound spheres.
- Tone function to zoom in on certain frequencies.
- Spin function for a subtle pitch modulation that adds movement to the delays.
Price: $39. An introductory price of $29 is valid until January 15th, 2018.
An unrestricted 60-day evaluation version is available from: www.112dB.com/mikron/cascade?demo