2CAudio, a sister company of Galbanum, has announced the immediate availability of Aether v1.0, which 2CAudio describes as an "ultimate fidelity Auto Randomizing Algorithmic Reverb Software plug-in". It is available in VST and AU plug-in formats for Windows and Mac OS X.
Features and specification:
- Extreme precision floating-point engine - claimed to rival the best hardware reverb units available.
- "Impeccable" specifications in Space, Time, and Frequency response.
- Unique pervasive Auto-Randomizing scheme throughout the entire algorithm which keeps mixes sounding alive.
- Non-Exponential Decay curves for "lush" sound.
- Discrete Early Reflection and Late Reflection Engines.
- 33 Space Type Models.
- Over 250 factory presets ranging from sublime acoustic emulations to extreme sound-design ambiences.
- Reverb Decay Time range from 0.10sec to 120sec plus an Infinite Decay Mode.
- Frequency Dependant Decay Time Scaling.
- True Stereo and Hybrid Stereo modes.
- Coded in assembly and optimized with SSE for extreme efficiency.
- 4 sample latency. Suitable for use in tracking and performance.
- Supported Sample Rates of up to 192K.
- Intuitive futuristic GUI designed for maximum control and ease of use.
As mentioned above, 2CAudio is a new sister company of Galbanum, a sound-design and content library development company. 2CAudio plans to develop audio plug-ins for all of the various host standards and focus on spatial processing, advanced creative effects, and other future-forward ideas.
2CAudio was founded by Andrew Souter, of Galbanum, and Denis Malygin. Denis comes to 2CAudio following years of cutting edge DSP research and development with companies including Sound Toys, SpinAudio, and many others. Souter and Malygin had the following to say about 2Caudio and it's first offering Aether:
"Aether is the first of many products to come which will leverage our combined vision, experience, and skill set in effort to develop cutting edge signal processing products aimed at testing the boundaries of our industry. We are not interested in joining the retro club. We are interested in emerging future technologies and extreme fidelity and our products will aim to demonstrate that. Regarding Aether, first and foremost it sounds absolutely incredible. We believe it is one of the best sounding reverbs on the market. Period. The rest is just detail."
Pricing & Availability
Aether is available immediately for direct download. The MSRP of Aether is $349.95. Introductory pricing of $249.95 is available through April 01, 2009. Orders are handled via the Galbanum store during this period.