AZ Audio has announced the release of Stempel, a free spectral vocoder VST effect plug-in for Windows.
- Linear frequency shifters on the 'carrier' and 'modulater' input.
- A 'two states morph-able' equalizer with various eq models (linear, bark, 12 tones scale).
- A magnitude mixer (amount of vocoding).
Frequency domain effects are ruled by various settings:
- FFT size.
- Number of overlapped FFTs.
- Spectral window type.
- Shifter warping type.
Two additional time domain effects can be applied to the vocoder:
- A saturator using the 'variable parabolic' shape.
- A standard chorus with a good quality delay object.
Stempel is distributed with a detailed PDF manual and various presets.