Big Fish Audio has released a new update to the Momentum loop transformation platform. This brand new version 1.2 includes numerous new features as well as bug fixes.
We've made the GUI resizable, the waveform zoomable, and the rest more intuitive and powerful than before. Below you'll find a full list of the new improvements as well as the litany of bug fixes. For long-time users this is good news for increased stability and usability, and a perfect time for new users to jump in because Momentum is still free.
Download Momentum here.
Full List Of New Features:
- Resizable GUI.
- "ORIGINAL" now appears in front of the key and BPM fields for a sample on the slice page, indicating that these fields are for a sample's original information.
- Slice Effect "Overlay": While editing a particular slice effect parameter on the waveform, the levels of the other parameters can be viewed.
- In the lower area of the waveform, there is now a bar / beat grid.
- Mouse Waveform Zoom Functions (horizontal zoom, horizontal scroll, vertical zoom).
- New options for slice editing including snap slices to grid, snap start/end to grid, reset slices, and clear slices.
- Latch Mode is now available on the slice page.
- Input Q is now available on the slice page.
- Values now display next to the mouse pointer when slice effect levels are adjusted on the waveform.
- Adjusting the key via the kit key section of the keyboard now makes immediate changes to audio playback.
- Tremolo/Pan effect now has a beat related rate when synced.
- Individual effect parameters can now be reset to default by using Command(control on windows) +click.
- Compressor "output" parameter is now labeled "makeup gain".
- Several groups (channels) can now be soloed at once.
- Fixed a bug where users were asked to login multiple times while downloading a product.
- Fixed a bug where the start and end markers could not be moved.
- Fixed a bug where song section indicators would stop working after a user sample was added.
- Fixed a bug where song section indicators would stop working after a kit was saved then reloaded.
- Fixed a bug where the number of queued downloads in the browser was incorrectly calculated.
- Fixed a bug where any clickable item in Momentum would take over the DAW's return key functionality.
- Fixed a bug where the download icon would remain next to a kit even when it was already downloaded.
- Fixed a bug where adding slices by a 1/16th note grid did not line up perfectly.
- Fixed a bug where the zoom on the waveform did not reset when switching between samples.
- Fixed a bug where slice effect defaults were not reset when a kit was loaded.
- Fixed a bug where when using the stutter slice effect, depending on the length of a slice, too many stutters would play back.
- Fixed a bug where low resolution assets were being used on some systems.
- Fixed a bug where when multiple samples were playing, the playhead was only active for the most recent sample triggered.
- Fixed a bug where the Filter "resonance" knob was being incorrectly displayed for some modes.