Bremmers Audio Design has released version 9.7.1 of MultitrackStudio for Windows and macOS. This release contains many bug fixes, thanks to automatically generated error reports sent by users.
- Automation editors (Pro edition), MIDI controller editors and Automated Fader effects: the Dots Editor window that pops up on clicking EDIT when multiple dots are selected now offers several new functions. Sine or triangle shapes can be created, either in Hertz or in beats. Amplify and the new Vertical Shift can gradually fade in or out.
- SysEx editor supports "sequencer specific meta events". They aren't sent to MIDI instruments (MIDI doesn't allow for that), but they are saved in MIDI files.
- Songs with huge amounts of automation data save/open faster (Pro edition).
- Quantize and custom grid resolutions can now go up to 16/4.
- MIDI file import/export: Some tweaks regarding SysEx messages. Messages like "XG On" will now appear in exported MIDI files before any other messages if you make sure it's at position 0.
- External MIDI Instrument slot mentions patch, bottom bar also mentions MIDI channel. MultitrackStudio Instruments, Sampler, SoundFont Player (Mac) and Convolutor tooltips have been updated accordingly.
- Fixed: MIDI Patterns could disappear if the Song Editor's insert options were used.
- Fixed: Windows version wouldn't find some VST2 plugins if song came from Mac version.
- Fixed: Mac: fixed some problems with macOS 11 (Big Sur).
- Fixed many significant issues that caused exception errors. Thanks for sending error reports.
Users who purchased MultitrackStudio after October 28, 2013 are entitled to lifetime free updates. Older versions can be upgraded: $39 (Pro) / $23 (Standard).