MODWHEEL has released Angklung - The Bamboozler, a percussion instrument for Kontakt derived from a collection of bamboo Angklung.
This is the third release in "Creative Differences", a series of percussion instrument libraries that focus on organic percussion sounds. In the wake of Humdrum (calf skin drum set) and The Bends (metal meets water) it features a collection of 24 tuned bamboo Anklung.
The Angklung is a musical instrument from Indonesia now popular throughout South East Asia. Made of two to four bamboo tubes attached to a bamboo frame. The tubes are carved to have a resonant pitch when struck and are often tuned to octaves. The base of the frame is held in one hand, whilst the other hand strikes the instrument. This causes a repeating note to sound.
- 23 Kontakt patches of Single Hits, Rhythms, Rattles & Effects.
- 1470 samples recorded in stereo at 24-bit 96k.
- 8 Patches made from 18 Angklung that have 2 bamboo rattles playing an octave apart.
- 5 Patches made from 6 Angklung with 3 rattles, one playing a tonic, major 3rd and a fifth.
- 7 Patches of various effects.
- Each single patch has 10 round robins of both up and down playing. The up stroke plays on key release and the volume of the up stroke can be adjusted using the mod wheel.
- The Freeze patches feature a stutter key on C6 as well as envelope attack and release knobs.
Angklung - The Bamboozler also features a few patches that aren't bamboo derived:
- The Bambonezler - a patch made up of bones, shells and seed pods.
- The Bamstonezler - a patch of slate stone hits that have been tuned and will play chromatically.
Price:$15.00. Requires full version of Kontakt 5.3 or higher.