MODWHEEL has announced the release of The Bass Banjo with the Bang-On Sidekick DrumChum and Banjo Synths a new instrument sample library for Kontakt.
MODWHEEL's latest release is all about the Bass Banjo. The physical instrument was originally hand crafted in the 1980s by MODWHEEL's David Donaldson and his bandmate at the time, Stuart Porter, for use in their anarchic marching band The Outsiders. It was built by combining a marching Bass Drum and a recycled double bass fingerboard strung with roundwound bass strings. It's stood the test of time and can be heard on many recordings, albums, soundtracks as well as anti-nuclear demonstrations and Christmas parades.
- There are two main Banjo patches with numerous articulations and performance keyswitches.
- Bass Banjo-Slap MW.
- Bass Banjo soprano-slap MW.
- Keyswitches available are:
- Sustain, Staccato, Mute, Chopstick Hit, Chopstick Stutter.
- In addition there are two performance keyswitches that allow a whole tone slide up, or whole tone slide down to the played note.
- A release slap has been assigned to the mod wheel for 'slap bass' type use.
- MODWHEEL has also created three distinct synth patches using the original Banjo recordings and the internal machinations of Kontakt.
Library format and contents:
- Audio recording format: stereo, 48 kHz / 24-bit.
- Size of recorded sample pool: ca. 1.07 GB.
- File format of samples: 2058 samples in .ncw / lossless compression format.
- File format of instruments: .nki (built with Kontakt** v5.6.6).
Intro Price: $25 (Reg. $35).
Bass Banjo requires a full version of Kontakt 5.6.6 or above. It won't work with the free Kontakt Player.