Parawave Audio updates Rapid Synthesizer to 1.1.0 - Adds Wavetable, Multi-Sample and Resynthesis support
Parawave Audio has updated Rapid to version 1.1.0 and added support for custom user libraries. The new features allows users to import and manage their own sound material via drag & drop or file chooser. Supported input formats are WAV RIFF and Apple AIFF at various channel, sample-rate and bit-depth configurations.
It's now possible to create, maintain, archive and install custom sound libraries. The imported sound content can be named and sorted into user-defined categories. Additional metadata can be specified in a new information tab.
Single- or multi-cycle wavetables can be added with constant frame sizes (e.g. 2048 samples). Internal re-sampling and stretching loads and plays all waveforms without aliasing. An optional "de-click frame" feature reduces unwanted buzz noises if realistic non-wavetable content is loaded. It's now an easy thing to import real instruments (e.g. at C4) and re-sample them into high quality RAPID wavetables.
Convertible and loadable are single- or multi-samples with different velocities and round robin. An automatic note detection recognizes the embedded MIDI unity note information, or identifies a note token within the filename and assigns the samples to the key map. The content is compressed lossless and optimized into archives for faster load times.
A special resynthesis algorithm allows the creation of new unique synthetic textures by manipulating the spectral content of any source sample. This method pre-renders and compresses the re-synthesized material at different pitches into a multi-sample. A new source of inspiration and a creative tool for all new-kinds of sound design techniques.
- New source browser design.
- Support for user content libraries.
- Wavetable import (incl. re-sampling to table root frequency).
- Sample import (incl. loop points, at any input sample-rate).
- Sample Resynthesis. Converts the spectral content of an input sample into a multi-sample.
- Drag & Drop sound files onto oscillator displays to quickly import new content.
- Auto map multiple input samples to the whole keyboard range.
- Import formats (RIFF WAV, Apple AIFF).
- Sortable and renamable source browser categories and entries.
- Separate Wavetable & Multi-Sample tabs.
- Remove modulation option in context menu now shows all routings of a control.
- Tooltip typos.
- Default VST program name, needed for some VST hosts/wrappers.
- Increased loop wrap accuracy.
- Left and right channel was swapped during re-sampling.
- Sample playback preview now shows the actual waveform when oscillator key-track is turned off.
- Multi-Sample pre-render Quality option. There was no real improvement on high setting.
- Reduced Wavetable load times.
- Reduced Multi-Sampler load times.
- Faster drawing for source browser entries.
- Removed some run-time allocations.
- Reduced preset parser load times.