Rogue Amoeba has updated Fission to v2.3.2.
- Major Enhancement: Fission now has support for 32-bit AIFF and WAV files, as well as 24-bit and 32-bit CAFF files.
- Bug Fix: Audio will now be heard sooner when outputting to certain problematic USB audio devices.
- Bug Fix: Several improvements have been made to Fission's high-efficiency AAC (HE-AAC) modes.
- Bug Fix: Many additional bug fixes have been made, including a fix for parsing rare AIFF files, ID3 tag reading improvements, and better handling of malformed files. Several rare crashes have also been prevented.
- Other: Fission now has preliminary compatibility with MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra). While we strongly recommend users stick with a fully supported version of MacOS for now, we know of no issues with Fission on High Sierra.
- Other: Fission now requires MacOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher. If you're still on 10.9, be sure to see our Legacy page.