Skylife has updated their SampleRobot product line to version 6.2. This update is now available for SampleRobot Pro, Multi-X, Korg+Wave and SampleRobot Montage. The new version 6.2 offers advanced VST2 plugin sampling, a new input/output panel, wave and aiff drag & drop functionality, extended semi- automatic recording and many performance optimizations.
VST2 Host and plugin sampling (SampleRobot Pro only)
The integrated VST2 plugin host is now optimized for CPU-performance and VST2 plugin compatibility. It is also integrated into the Project Wizard that helps setting up complex sampling projects in a few steps.
When sampling with multiple interfaces and different audio and MIDI ports it is hard to keep the overview. The new I/O panel is designed to make input and output assignment easy and comprehensible. Once a project is created it can be quickly re-assigned to a new input configuration including all contained multisample layers.
Wave and Aiff file drag&drop
Drag&drop is included in version 6.2. One or more wave/aiff files can be dragged to the virtual keyboard in SampleRobot who will then give some import options in return. Root-keys can be detected from the embedded file data or from the filenames to allow automatic mapping along the keyboard. Loop information can be extracted from the files as well. It is possible to combine existing samples to new instruments and to export them as various multisample formats including up- and downsampling and various stereo mapping and loop options.
Extended semi-automatic mode
With now up to 1000 seconds of recording time for each sample in semi-automatic (non-Midi) recording mode you can even sample whole music tracks and longer sound design atmospheres. Building construction kits for film music and sound design that can be performed live to picture was never easier.
SampleRobot 6.2 is fully compatible with Mac OS X Mojave and the latest Windows 10 build. Compared to previous releases the CPU power consumption on Mac could be reduced up to 50%.
Benefits of SampleRobot (abiding by relevant copyright laws and license agreements):
- Build your own sample instruments easily.
- Create digital copies of your favorite instruments and sounds fast.
- Turn virtual instruments and complex sound layers into CPU-lightweight multi-samples.
- Play in other studios or on stage without carrying additional keyboards / sound expanders.
- Perform laptop-based sounds on stage without laptop by using a hardware sample player.
- Shape optimum loops for loop-based arrangements.
- Build and sell/share your own sample libraries.
- Have all your sound hardware on your hard disk and travel with your laptop.
- Buy used gear and resell it after the automatic sampling procedure.
- Use all your software instruments cross-platform and independently from specific operation systems.
- Play monophonic instruments polyphonically.
- Have total recall and editing capabilities for all instruments in every session.
- Fast sampling process.
- Fully automated workflow.
- Sample export in various formats.
- Intuitive project assistant.
- Sophisticated autoloop processing, transient recognition and sample editing.
- Many loop and crossfade types including autogain crossfades.
- Premium multisamples taken from classic synthesizers included.
The upgrade is free for all users of version 6.