Skylife has updated the SampleRobot line to version 6.5. The new version includes support for Sequential Prophet X, Bitwig Studio and Synthstrom deluge. SampleRobot has also optimized the audio sampling process that works with a lot of software and hardware instruments already. For the upgrade Skylife has expanded the export capabilities of SampleRobot Pro. There are three new supported formats and the possibility to sample plugins in high speed via offline bouncing.
Sequential Prophet X (Pro and Multi-X)
With the support of Sequential and users in the PX community Skylife has implemented Prophet X export in SampleRobot 6.5 Pro. SampleRobot works inside the sample structure of the Prophet X. The user can export the desired sample sets and then import a whole bank into the Prophet X in one go. With SampleRobot's downsampling option you can keep your original recording quality in the project and export the optimized samples for your hardware.
Bitwig Studio (Pro and Multi-X)
In SampleRobot 6.5 Pro there are standard Bitwig property tags to categorize your multisamples. This way you can build up your personal sample library and quickly browse and load new instruments in Bitwig Studio. Skylife received full support from Berlin-based Bitwig company which made the documentation public to include this feature in SampleRobot Pro.
Synthstrom deluge (Pro and Multi-X)
Building a connecting bridge from SampleRobot to the Synthstrom deluge has been achieved in this update as well. Users can now bypass time-consuming browsing and adding of samples via the 4-digit display on the deluge. During the SampleRobot export all necessary data is created in the right directories on the deluge's SD card to allow instant access to your favorite sample sets. Turning the dedicated knob on the deluge will browse the created sample instruments directly.
VST2 sampling with offline bouncing (Pro and Multi-X)
The sampling process can eat a lot of time when it comes to creating high quality sample libraries. When recording acoustic instruments you have to record each note as long as it takes to capture it properly. But for virtual instruments there is a trick that Skylife used in SampleRobot 6.5 Pro to dramatically shorten the sampling time. With the new offline bouncing option the rendering of the samples in the included VST2 host is done with full processor speed. This means that users will save up to 80% time compared to previous versions. If you are heading for quality samples using your custom plugin sounds as a source there is no reason to make compromises any more because of the sampling time.
Benefits of SampleRobot (abiding by relevant copyright laws and license agreements):
- Build your own sample instruments easily.
- Create digital copies of your favorite instruments and sounds.
- Turn virtual instruments and complex sound layers into CPU-lightweight multi-samples via the integrated plugin host.
- Play in other studios or on stage without carrying additional keyboards / sound expanders.
- Perform laptop-based sounds on stage without laptop by using a hardware sample player.
- Shape optimum loops for loop-based arrangements.
- Build and sell/share your own sample libraries.
- Have all your sound hardware on your hard disk and travel with your laptop.
- Buy used gear and resell it after the automatic sampling procedure.
- Use all your software instruments cross-platform and independently from specific operation systems.
- Play monophonic instruments polyphonically.
- Have total recall and editing capabilities for all instruments in every session.
- Fast sampling process.
- Fully automated workflow.
- Sample export in many formats, hardware and software.
- Intuitive project assistant.
- Sophisticated autoloop processing, transient recognition and sample editing.
- Many loop and crossfade types including autogain crossfades.
- Premium multisamples taken from classic synthesizers included.
Price as download from the Skylife Store:
- SampleRobot Pro: 249 €.
- SampleRobot Multi-X: 169 €.
- SampleRobot Korg+Wave: 79 €.
The upgrade is free for all users of version 6.
- Mac OS 10.12. and higher.
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7.