sonicLAB has announced the release of Fundamental2 (squared), a massive upgrade of the test equipment based instrument.
The following new features and improvements have been implemented:
- A morphing engine capable of rendering audio rate transitions between parameter spaces of 4 Fundamental instances (the same DSP inherited from Cosmosf Saturn) Manual and stochastic control of the morph pointer, morph interpolation speed, and distance settings can be adjusted.
- Even tuning scales can be gradually morphed in between.
- Fundamental2 test equipment oscillators can be addressed directly with multichannel MIDI note-on messages on respective MIDI channels from your DAW tracks to perform sequences.
- A full morse code translator is available as a GEN modulation source and can be sent to pitch, gain, panning and harmonic ratio destinations. Each oscillator can have its unique morse code, likewise capable of creating complex polyrhythmic patterns easily.
- Fundamental2 banks now contain 24 presets.
- MIDI CC7 (post volume) and CC10 (panning) destinations are targeting directly each oscillator when sent on respective MIDI channels. Also the CC14 and CC15 is targeting directly the morph pointer.
- The Sensel Morph map has been revised to access the new morph engine of Fundamental2.
- The manual has been heavily revised to project these add-ons.
Fundamental2 comes as VST3, AU and standalone formats both for OS X and Windows 64-bit systems (It is Apple M1 compatible).
Pricing & Upgrade Information
The price of Fundamental2 is 99 Euros / 116 USD as a perpetual licence which can be authorized on 2 machines simultaneously (an iLok account is needed). A rent-to-own purchase option is available in 6 month payments.
Existing Fundamental v1.4 users can upgrade for 20 Euros / 23 USD by requesting a discount code at support@sonicLAB. They will keep both v1.4 and v2.x as separate licences.
Limited time full functioning demos are available on the sonicLAB site.
Purchase or demo needs a valid iLok account. Authorisation options are iLok USB dongle, iLok Cloud or directly the host computer.