Sonicprojects has released OP-X, a virtual recreation of the legendary Oberheim OB-X. It is available in VSTi (Windows) and Reaktor ensemble (Windows & Mac OS X) versions.
The VST version features separate signal paths for each of the six voices, with slight differences in sound - the oscillators, filters, envelopes and portamento times differ from voice to voice and can be tuned individually with four global buttons.
- Comprehensive detuning options.
- Tuning options for: oscillators / filters / envelopes.
- Tuning option for portamento times.
- 12db SEM-filter emulation.
- Unisono, polyphonic portamento.
- Sync, x-mod, ring modulation, noise, s/h.
- Filter-envelope modulation.
- Sine wave frequency modulation.
- Individual voice pans.
- Switchable off keyboard and lever animation show.
OB-X costs $99 for the VSTi version or $49 for the Reaktor ensemble. Until June 4th, 2006, the Reaktor version is included for free with the VSTi version. Demo versions are available.