ToneBoosters has updated its plugins on Windows, macOS and iOS and introduced a completely redesigned non-linear filter model in DualVCF, providing more character than ever before.
A selection of update highlights (please find a full change log here):
With this release ToneBoosters revamped the non-linear analog filter model significantly, providing more character than ever before. Two sources of non-linearities are now provided:
- Within-filter non-linear processing to simulate saturating analog filters.
- Post-filter non-linear post processing to give the filtered output even more grunge.
In addition, the integrated peak limiter can now be switched off, and the LFO frequency range has been extended significantly to a maximum 500 Hz for crazily-fast filter modulation.
- Significant improvement in audio quality for short attack times and transients.
- Significantly improved user interface.
- New expert settings panel with control over room size (independent from decay time), room geometry, late reverb modulation frequency and depth.
- New 'randomize' option to randomize settings of the reverb to efficiently explore creative changes.
- New dry/wet lock control for easier preset navigation.
- Sound quality improvement for late reverberation.
- LFO action is now visualized in all controls, even in the reverb EQ and decay editors.
- Various new headphones added for headphones correction.
All ToneBoosters plugins can be trialled for free (Windows, macOS) using the plug-in installer available at toneboosters.com/download