Deskew Technologies has released version 1.7 of their cross-platform audio host plugin for live performance and session musicians.
Gig Performer 1.7, available for both OS X and Windows adds numerous new features including:
- All plugin window editors now support presets. They can access presets exposed by the plugin (some plugins do, some don't) but you can also use them to create, save and reload your own plugins making it significantly easier to retrieve your favorite sounds quickly.
- The Gain Control plugins now support mute.
- The plugin manager can hide plugins you don't use, thereby reducing clutter.
- A "-nosave" command line option is available for advanced users wishing to run their computers in a headless mode.
Enhancements and fixes include:
- Normal vs. Delayed instantiation to address issues where plugins (incorrectly!) don't accept state restoration requests immediately.
- Fixed an obscure problem where Gig Performer could get stuck on startup (Windows only).
- The master audio input and output plugin editors now handle larger I/O channels more easily.
- Improvements to predictive loading.
Visit the Gig Performer website for more information and to download a 14-day fully functional trial version.
A new ILIO promo video for Gig Performer is now live and can be seen here