Hora Music has announced Geco, a visual VCV Rack plugin maker. It allows the user to create patches and panel positioning and use these to generate all the needed files/code to compile the plugin/module just like any other coded manually.
This video shows how it works by creating a plugin in 12 minutes: YouTube.com/watch?v=wbmveVxu1wE
Geco offers pre-made objects for:
- DSP (oscillators, env, filters, effects, previous sample, ...).
- Mathematical operations.
- Variables, arrays.
- Comparison, conversion.
- Non volatile saving (json), ...
- Widget (knob, button, switch, rotary switch, led, input and output).
Advanced users can create their own blocks by using the vult transcompiler and a template that allows to create new objects for Geco.
This software is made for:
- People that has never code a line of code.
- Developers who want to avoid annoying parts of the development.
- Real hardware module developers that want to copy and distribute or just test a software version of their ideas for coming or existing modules.
Pricing has not been announced.