Impact Soundworks has released Ventus Ethnic Winds series of solo woodwind instruments: the Irish Tin Whistle. With this sample library, ISW sought to capture the range and versatility of the tin whistle as it is commonly used in both folk and modern music, recording 16 playing techniques and nearly 450 phrases.
- Over 3,000 24-bit samples recorded through warm ribbon & room mics.
- 8 types of sustain articulations.
- Authentic strikes, cuts, crans, and rolls that can be triggered mid-note.
- True legato and portamento playing w/ adjustable settings.
- 2 different release ornaments.
- 4 types of trills (fast, slow, 2nds, 3rds).
- 450+ phrases of multiple lengths and styles.
- Phrases also provided as WAV.
The Ventus Tin Whistle uses the same script interface as other instruments in the Ventus series designed for consistency and ease of use.
- Single unified interface.
- Dozens of under-the-hood tweaking controls for things like legato, envelopes, auto-purge.
- Ornament system that creates authentic performances without keyswitching.
- Phrase playback editor (start/end points, direction, speed).
- Easy FX rack with analog-modeled EQ, compressor, delay & reverb.
- TACT - Total Articulation Control Technology for easy customization and mapping of all playing techniques.
Price: $99 as a digital download from the Impact Soundworks web store. Owners of the Ventus series Shakuhachi get an instant $20 discount, available from the 'Deals' area on their Account page. It can be used in Kontakt 5.3 and above.