Liqube Audio has updated Resonic, an audio player and sample manager for Windows, to v0.8.6b.
This releases introduces vertical waveform zoom, audio extraction improvements, and several right-click menus (stop/play/pause) to Resonic Pro. It also fixes a few pressing issues (track advance, tray, device selection) in both Resonic Player and Pro.
- Pro: Vertical waveform zoom. Drag the button next to the volume bar ('1.0') up and down or use the mouse wheel to change the vertical zoom factor; click it to reset the zoom.
- Popup menus now automatically close when you move the mouse away from them for improved usability. This option can be toggled via 'Menu | Interface'.
- Pro: New sample rate conversion (SRC) quality settings for audio extraction: high/higher/maximum, or 64/128/256-bit sinc interpolation respectively. See marker button menu 'Extraction format.'.
- Pro: New sampling rate settings for audio extraction: 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz. See marker button menu 'Extraction format.'.
- Pro: New bit depth setting for audio extraction: 8-bit. See marker button menu 'Extraction format.'.
- Pro: Solid waveform background, which is the default Pro style now (see 'Menu | Visualization | Waveform style').
- Resonic can now be closed regardless of the 'Close to tray' setting (force close) by using CTRL-ALT-F4, in addition to the regular ALT-F4.
- Info bar now shows additional information for DSD files (.dsf/.dff).
- Pro: Right-click menu for stop button. Lets you fade out and stop the current track, or disable fade outs on stop for immediate stop behavior. (#434).
- Pro: Right-click menu for play/pause buttons. Lets you disable fades on pause for immediate pause/unpause behavior, and disable the temporary dimming feature accessed by holding down the SPACE key while playing which makes it more reactive. (#999).
- When the filter panel is open (CTRL-F, or F3) the F3 key can now be used to cycle through the filtered results just like in a text editor. Use SHIFT-F3 to reverse the cycle order.
- Pro: Default sample rate conversion quality set to maximum (256-bit sinc.).
- Subtle highlighting of black keys in musical spectrum. Note that the Pro version shows the key names (e.g. 'C# 3') on mouse hover as well.
- Pro: Showing lines separating individual channels ('channel lines') by default (see 'Menu | Visualization | Waveform style').
- Pro: Improved text visibility for pitch buttons.
- Selected audio devices are saved immediately upon selection now.
- Automatic track advance sometimes failed when using a WASAPI output driver.
- Track would not advance automatically after seeking when player was stopped.
- Fixed 'Minimize to tray' and 'Close to tray' not being saved correctly, two casualties of last version's configuration system rework.
- Wave files with AC3 header and content were not being played properly on Windows 7 and Windows Server.
- Waveform display issues with FLAC files on certain systems. Temporarily reverted back to previous version of FLAC plugin/decoder (the new plugin can be selected manually in the setup version of Resonic.).