Liqube Audio updates Resonic Player and Pro - Audio player and Sample Manager to v0.8.6b for Windows
Liqube Audio has updated Resonic, an audio player and sample manager for Windows, to v0.8.6b.
This releases introduces vertical waveform zoom, audio extraction improvements, and several right-click menus (stop/play/pause) to Resonic Pro. It also fixes a few pressing issues (track advance, tray, device selection) in both Resonic Player and Pro.
- Pro: Vertical waveform zoom. Drag the button next to the volume bar ('1.0') up and down or use the mouse wheel to change the vertical zoom factor; click it to reset the zoom.
- Popup menus now automatically close when you move the mouse away from them for improved usability. This option can be toggled via 'Menu | Interface'.
- Pro: New sample rate conversion (SRC) quality settings for audio extraction: high/higher/maximum, or 64/128/256-bit sinc interpolation respectively. See marker button menu 'Extraction format.'.
- Pro: New sampling rate settings for audio extraction: 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz. See marker button menu 'Extraction format.'.
- Pro: New bit depth setting for audio extraction: 8-bit. See marker button menu 'Extraction format.'.
- Pro: Solid waveform background, which is the default Pro style now (see 'Menu | Visualization | Waveform style').
- Resonic can now be closed regardless of the 'Close to tray' setting (force close) by using CTRL-ALT-F4, in addition to the regular ALT-F4.
- Info bar now shows additional information for DSD files (.dsf/.dff).
- Pro: Right-click menu for stop button. Lets you fade out and stop the current track, or disable fade outs on stop for immediate stop behavior. (#434).
- Pro: Right-click menu for play/pause buttons. Lets you disable fades on pause for immediate pause/unpause behavior, and disable the temporary dimming feature accessed by holding down the SPACE key while playing which makes it more reactive. (#999).
- When the filter panel is open (CTRL-F, or F3) the F3 key can now be used to cycle through the filtered results just like in a text editor. Use SHIFT-F3 to reverse the cycle order.
- Pro: Default sample rate conversion quality set to maximum (256-bit sinc.).
- Subtle highlighting of black keys in musical spectrum. Note that the Pro version shows the key names (e.g. 'C# 3') on mouse hover as well.
- Pro: Showing lines separating individual channels ('channel lines') by default (see 'Menu | Visualization | Waveform style').
- Pro: Improved text visibility for pitch buttons.
- Selected audio devices are saved immediately upon selection now.
- Automatic track advance sometimes failed when using a WASAPI output driver.
- Track would not advance automatically after seeking when player was stopped.
- Fixed 'Minimize to tray' and 'Close to tray' not being saved correctly, two casualties of last version's configuration system rework.
- Wave files with AC3 header and content were not being played properly on Windows 7 and Windows Server.
- Waveform display issues with FLAC files on certain systems. Temporarily reverted back to previous version of FLAC plugin/decoder (the new plugin can be selected manually in the setup version of Resonic.).
- Official Website
- More about Resonic Pro
- Official Resonic Discussion Forums
- Official Liqube Audio Forum - here on KVR.
- What's New - a full list of changes.