Cockos has updated REAPER to v5.40.
- Add spectrogram display mode, per-item spectrogram option.
- Improve support for editing media items containing .wav files which are being recorded in a separate tab.
- Support swing grid in arrange view, optionally synchronized with MIDI editor grid.
- Allow grid/snap window to stay open if enabled in advanced preferences.
- Move grid appearance options from grid/snap window to preferences/appearance.
- Allow absolute MIDI CC control of swing grid strength.
- Create new take on "open item copy in built-in MIDI editor" action.
- Set MIDI clock properly when exporting to .mid file.
- Support ".midi" as an importable file extension, in addition to the usual ".mid".
- Fix "paint straight line of notes" mouse modifier when grid is set to greater than or equal to measure length.
- Support item_*_hidpi.png on Windows/HiDPI themes.
- Use common dialog font for various elements in envelope, send windows.
- Allow themes to override global UI scaling using rtconfig.txt global_scale line.
- Better logic for knob large/small background selection.
- Improve behavior when stopping.
- Reduce memory use when smooth seek enabled.
- Fix reading slider zero-line colors from theme.
- Add retina support for track panels/etc using beta HiDPI/Retina theme.
- Improve handling of large theme fonts.
- Automatically scroll view when entering lyrics.
- Ignore muted notes in PDF and MusicXML export.
- Add Track/TakeFX_Get/SetNamedConfigParm.
- Include latent preset changes in Undo_EndBlock ().
- Improve ASIO cleanup after initialization error.
- Improve HiDPI support (including Windows 7 DPI detection), support beta HiDPI/Retina theme.
- Fix folder icon display error on macOS 10.10.
- Add recovery mode checkbox to optional choose-project-on-open dialog.
- Support TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm and similar API functions with FILE, FILExx, -FILExx, +FILExx, -FILE*, DONE, RSMODE, MODE.
- Support TrackFX_SetNamedConfigParm and similar API functions with ITEMx, DONE.
- Improve undo behavior for various editing actions.
- Fix resolving VST3 by UID on first scan.