MachineCodex Software has updated its media player, Neutrino, to v1.86.
New in v1.86:
- Master & Mix volume controls now operate independently in QuickTime mode.
- Mix Volume control In QuickTime mode uses a modified response-curve for a closer match to CoreAudio volume ramping.
- Watched Folder item Album, Artist & Genre fields are auto-filled using file-system folder-names if no matching iTunes track can be found.
- Genre tags discovered via metadata scanning as Indexed ID3v1 & hexadecimal strings are now converted to their Id3V1 equivalent English names.
- 'Add to playlist' contextual menu item allows easy adding of selected tracks to different Workspace playlists.
Bug fixes in v1.86:
- Fix for crash at launch that could occur if Neutrino was parsing an iTunes XML file and encountered a track with no 'Location' key.
- Fix for using 'Return' key to start playback of a selected Workgroup playlist item also opening the 'Name' table cell for editing.
- Fix for Table column names & contents occasionally overflowing their drawing bounds.
- Fix for System alert sounding if Space, Return or Esc keys were used while the MediaView was the active view.
- Fix for Space, Return or Esc keys failing to consistently responding as 'global' controls.
- Fix for floating AV controller play button state not being synchronised with keyboard-initiated playback state changes.
- Fix for crash that could occur when attempting to create the Settings interface after loading certain (non-bundled) Quartz Compositions created on OSX 10.4.x.
- Fix for markers failing to be deleted when dragged 'off' the transport view.
What was new in v1.80:
- Snow Leopard compatibility updates & bug fixes.
- Numerous Waveform drawing optimisations.
- Extended scroll-wheel / trackpad support to include transport view, option-key modifies scroll rate to 10% of 'normal' rate.
- Improved real-time scrubbing performance with videos.
- Zoom to / from fullscreen mode.
Major Stability improvements to FxChain:
- Now compatible with Fxpansion VST-AU Adapter.
- Better failsafe behaviour when loading new AU effects.
Major Improvements to Artwork / Media View:
- Fewer 'beachball incidents'.
- iTunes artwork scanning now carried out in a background process.
- Video preview scanning now carried out in a background process.
- Automatic video preview generation when the video thumbnail is first requested in Media View.
- Multi-threaded image loading.
- All combines to make using the MediaView easier.
- When viewing All items in MediaView, the sort-order from list view is respected.
- Search is available in MediaView when viewing 'All' tracks.
Major Improvements to Metadata management & detection:
- Metadata scanning now carried out in a background process.
- Items in Watched Folders are now cross-checked against the iTunes database for metadata.
- More ID3V2 fields detected.
- More columns in list views Location, Track Number, Play Count & more.
- Persistent per-playlist table column configurations.