MOK has released Miniraze, a wave-slicing synth with analog-style control. They say:
With patented wave-slicing oscillators and a straightforward layout that's easy to program, MOK's latest virtual synthesizer is your ticket to explore new sonic worlds. Miniraze allows users to splice waveforms into utterly unique sounds—from warm, retro analog vibes to aggressive, futuristic textures that have literally never been heard before.
At the heart of Miniraze are three of MOK's patented wave-slicing oscillators, streamlined versions of those found in the first-of-its-kind Waverazor synthesizer. By combining two waveforms from a selection of more than 100 classic and modern types, the wave-slicing oscillators generate sounds that can't be heard anywhere else. For even more sonic possibilities, Miniraze includes two filters, multiple low-frequency oscillators, assignable ADSR envelopes and an extremely flexible modulation matrix. A built-in arpeggiator and nine onboard effects are designed to make Miniraze an all-inclusive tool.
As we do our part to move the art and science of synthesis forward, we recognize that we are standing on the shoulders of giants. It's hard to imagine within today's musical landscape, but before Moog synths existed, few people on Earth had ever heard an electronically synthesized sound. There was a sense of exploration and discovery back then that we hope to bring back with Miniraze and the Bob Moog Foundation Sound Bank.
- Patented wave-slicing oscillators combine waves for out-of-this-world sounds.
- Simple East Coast-style layout makes it easy to program complex patches.
- Two filters in series, each with 13 options, including subtractive (4-Pole Ladder, 2-Pole Multimode) and generative (Wavefolder, Saturator) types.
- 4 synchronizable LFOs modulate anything from vibrato to dubstep wobbles.
- 4 ADSR envelopes, including a dedicated amp envelope with velocity.
- Vast Modulation Matrix for under the hood modular-style patching.
- 9 onboard effects, including Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser and Distortion.
- Built-in arpeggiator produces intricate patterns and random notes from chords.
- Unison Mode for thick and fat voice stacking.
- 11 colors of noise available to add a variety of textures to your sound.
- Ring Math processor provides 21 different types of ring modulation.
- 18 different Color Themes available for venturing beyond red and blue.
- Support for 34 languages, including Sanskrit, Elvish and Klingon.
- Exclusive Bob Moog Foundation sound bank available (proceeds donated to BMF).
Price: $129 in the MOK Store.