PreSonus is celebrating the 10th anniversary of its Studio One recording and production software.
To kick off the celebration, PreSonus is releasing Studio One version 4.5.3. This update fulfills Studio One users' number one request by adding support for Native Instruments' Komplete Kontrol series keyboards. Studio One 4.5.3 adds several other improvements and enhancements, such as a Remove Plug-in Settings function for the Plug-in Manager, new commands for Vertical Zoom In/Out Fine, and the ability to apply the Select Notes command to muted notes. Support has also been added for the Apple Notarization service in macOS 10.14 Mojave and 10.15 Catalina.
PreSonus is celebrating Studio One's 10th anniversary in multiple ways, including 10 days of giveaways (September 16-27) on Instagram and Facebook. To enter, participants are invited to follow PreSonus on social media and post a 10-second video. Prizes include copies of Studio One Professional, FaderPort 16, and a pair of monitors.
At age 10, Studio One is available in three versions: The top-of-the-line Studio One Professional; mid-level Studio One Artist, which is included with a wide variety of PreSonus hardware and is also available separately; and free Studio One Prime, an introductory version—not a demo—with no track count limitations. Studio One also can be expanded with Add-on extensions and sounds, available from the PreSonus Shop at shop.presonus.com/software.
For more information about Studio One, visit www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One.
New features and improvements:
- Support for Native Instruments' Komplete Kontrol MkII series keyboards.
- [macOS] Support for Apple Notarization service.
- "Remove Plug-in Settings" function for Plug-in Manager.
- Volume automation curve now compensates logarithmic fader curve.
- "Select Notes" command is now applicable to muted notes.
- Channel polarity switch is now excluded from grouping.
- Added commands for "vertical zoom in/out fine".
- Dragging multiple Patterns to the browser is now supported.
- Improved sidechain handling for VST2 Plug-ins.
- Improved Chinese localization.
The following issues have been fixed:
- [Mixer] Sends are hidden under certain conditions.
- [Mixer] Side-chaining with Mix FX included will mute under certain conditions.
- [Mixer] Lag on VCA fader adjustment.
- [Scratch Pad] Wrong instrument part length when using step record.
- [Scratch Pad] Lost focus when using "locate cursor" function.
- [Scratch Pad] Loop range lost when dragged across arrangement border.
- [Pattern Editor] Variation name cannot be edited from pattern editor toolbar.
- [Audio Batch Converter] Crash on repairing sample rate with certain mp3 files.
- Multi Instrument transform restore omits channel inserts.
- Qwerty Keyboard device has wrong mapping in Swiss and Canadian French layout.
- No input metering during record w/ tape style and disabled monitoring.
- Crash on invoking "Insert Rest" command when not in Step Record mode.
- When "snap" is disabled, "play selected range" won't stop when playing small audio segments.
- Using Shift+S as keyboard shortcut for "Solo" triggers "Solo Safe" instead.
- Random freezes on previewing MIDI files from the browser.
- Softube Console 1 AU not properly unloaded on removal.
- Altered metronome accent volume resets to default on relaunch.
- Decimals missing in Export dialogs.
- Instrument preset list and browser out of sync.
- Chord track offset when chord doesn't start at event start.
- Certain MP3 files won't import.
- First notes missing on bounce in certain cases.
- Short notes being dropped with large block sizes.