In this latest iteration, the team stayed focused on listening to loyal users' needs, creating innovative solutions to boost productivity in the professional audio production space. We want engineers, producers, recording musicians and creators around the world to feel supported and inspired to build their best work yet. Studio One has evolved over the past 12 years and is now an established major player in the audio production space known for unique features and a fast, intuitive workflow. We continue to push the boundaries of what's possible in recording and are now the first digital audio workstation in the industry to feature end-to-end lyric support for both audio and MIDI, from songwriting to recording and live performance.Arnd Kaiser, General Manager, Software at PreSonus
We are excited for the launch of Studio One 6 and are fully invested in supporting the continued expansion and adoption of Studio One as the total solution for professional and committed at-home creators. The global adoption of digital creative and productivity tools continues to grow and expand across all forms of musical expression, in the hands of an even wider audience of creators, producers, mix engineers, and artists. Together with PreSonus hardware and Studio One we're providing the total solution for professional and committed at-home creators, and we can't wait to hear the music they'll make.Evan Jones, CMO, FMIC
Studio One 6 offers major new features and enhancements to boost creativity for seasoned professionals; moreover, the redesigned and customizable user interface helps creators focus on the task at hand.
Studio One 6's top new features include:
- Smart Templates: New Smart Templates combine preconfigured tracks and channels with a customized user interface and automatic download of required content to get started recording and producing right away. Smart Templates provide essential tool sets for the tasks at hand, including basic recording, beat making, mixing stems, mastering an album, setting up for a live show and more. Smart Templates include a convenient drop zone to easily import needed content like audio, video and MIDI files as well as interactive tutorials with instructions and links to related video content.
- Customization Editor: The new Customization Editor provides a convenient and easy way to show or hide nearly all tools and functions, customizing the user interface to create a streamlined, focused workflow for the task at hand. First-time users, seasoned professionals and everyone in between can create a Studio One interface customized for their needs. Best of all, customizations can be saved to recall at will — a few for essential workflows are provided as jumping-off points.
- Lyrics Support: Studio One 6 now provides powerful lyric support. Lyrics can be added to scores, MIDI productions, audio sessions – even live performances. Use the all-new Lyrics Display as an editor, a teleprompter or a quick, innovative way to navigate a lyric-laden production. When working with Score or Piano view, lyrics can be attached to notes word by word or by syllable. Lyrics can also be transferred to the Show Page to use during rehearsals or performances.
- Global Video Track: Content creators and sound-to-picture professionals alike will appreciate the all-new Global Video Track and its intuitive workflow. Add video clips by simply dragging video files onto the timeline. The Video Track can hold an unlimited number of video clips, making it easy to work on multiple reels of a feature film in a single session. Video thumbnails are generated automatically to provide a preview for easy navigation. A dedicated sub-track is provided for embedded audio to use as reference, complete with mixer channel, full plug-in processing and output routing options.
- Advanced PreSonus Sphere Collaboration: Studio One 6 deepens the integration with the PreSonus Sphere fully loaded with powerful, cloud-based collaboration Workspaces, using convenient sharing options and built-in sync options right from the main menu. An all-new comprehensive installation window lets members quickly explore, download and install exclusive PreSonus Sphere content, with a variety of display, search and filter options.
- New Plugins: It wouldn't be a Studio One upgrade without new and improved Native plugins and version 6 is no exception. The Studio One new De-Esser is an efficient and intuitive tool for taming vocal sibilance and other high-frequency sounds. The new Vocoder is a creative playground that lets users turn a voice or any audio source into a unique synth or effect. Finally, the ever-popular ProEQ, Autofilter, Mai Tai, Sample One XT and Presence XT have all been significantly enhanced and improved.
Studio One 6 introduces a long list of additional new features and enhancements, including improvements to the Console, the Browser, the Start Page and much more. In addition, the Studio One 6 Console is also packed with new features developed at the request of the loyal Studio One community. Fader Flip lets users control FX/Bus sends, sidechains and Cue Mix sends all from the main faders. Stereo channels now feature a choice between balance, dual or binaural panning as well as a new panner pop-up editor. The new Channel Overview provides a single, consolidated view of all channel parameters, including input controls, inserts, sends and Cue Mix sends for the selected channel that can be pinned to keep a critical eye on individual channels. Finally, Studio One 6 takes workflow efficiency to a new level with Track Presets, storing every aspect of a given track or channel for instant recall, even for multiple selected tracks/channels.
Studio One 6 is available in both perpetual (priced at $399.95 USD for Professional) or as part of the PreSonus Sphere subscription, which gives members every upgrade for free. Going forward, PreSonus Sphere members ($14.95/month or $164.95 annual) will always have access to the current version of Studio One Professional as well as one version back, giving them the freedom to upgrade whenever it works best with their projects.
Watch the official launch video on Studio One 6 here