KVR Readers' Choice Awards 2021: Top 5 nominations for 'Favorite Audio Software'
By KVR Audio on
We present to you the top 5 nominations for 'Favorite Audio Software'.
During this phase KVR members can choose their preference from the shortlist in each category (or stick with their previous selection, or choose another if they prefer, who are we to judge?) Spread the word, tell your friends, tell your enemies, tell your mum, #kvrrcas. All categories are optional. Please note that Freeware and Donationware products should not be voted for in any categories except Favorite Free Virtual Instrument and Favorite Free Virtual Effect Processor. Everyone can change their nominations / votes at any time until the voting closes.
Bitwig Studio inspires you to take greater control of your music, giving you access to every aspect of your production. Streamline your creative process and quickly evolve your ideas into complete songs, tracks, and compositions. Record and arrange, improvise and perform, or do it all at once.
Design sounds. Build instruments. Make music.
From Hollywood blockbuster composers and Billboard Hot 100 producers right through to keen beginners, the world of music production trusts the comprehensive feature set, straightforward tools and unrivaled sound of our acclaimed music production software.
- Sampler Track 2 – Improved Sampling Editor with features including slicing, LFOs and legato glide. [Pro/Artist/Elements].
- Frequency 2 – Amazingly precise dynamic EQ for better mixing. [Pro].
- Squasher – New dynamic tool to improve leads, tame bass and enhance reverb for EDM. [Pro/Artist/Elements].
- Scale Assistant – A Songwriter's Dream. Analyze, follow, or quantize to a scale or play live in tune. [Pro/Artist/Elements].
- Advanced Key Editor – Create perfect pitch bends and more in the MIDI CC. [Pro/Artist/Elements].
- Global Tracks – Stay in sync more easily with tempo changes, markers and more now in the Key Editor. [Pro].
- Advanced Audio Export – Simplify creating stems with new export queues. [Pro].
- Imager – Multiband stereo placement for perfect panning. [Pro/Artist].
- New Score Editor – Workflow improvements and beautiful new fonts from Dorico. [Pro].
- New Samples – Six fresh, exclusive sound and loop sets. [Pro/Artist/Elements].
- SuperVision – Super-flexible, fully customizable metering. [Pro/Artist].
REAPER (Rapid Environment for Audio Prototyping and Efficient Recording) is designed for the recording, arrangement, editing, mixing and rendering of audio.
- Support for an unlimited number of audio tracks.
- Audio tracks are all fully routable (multiple inputs, outputs).
- Volume, pan controls and envelopes per track.
- Supports audio processing plug-ins (DirectX, DXi, VST, VSTi, and Jesusonic) with automation, easy chain manipulation and editing.
- Pitch shifting and time stretching.
- Fast, reasonable and usable Windows-style UI, working well on both low and high resolutions or multiple monitors.
- ASIO, Kernel Streaming, WaveOut, and DirectSound support for playback and recording.
- Reads WAV, OGG, MP3 and MIDI files, records WAV and MIDI files.
- Can render to WAV, OGG, MP3 if lame is installed.
- Full SMP support (can utilize 2 or more processors).
- Multi-layer undo/redo support.
- User creatable color themes.
Create without boundaries.
Record, produce, compose, mix, master, and perform all from a single, intuitive application. Only Studio One 5 provides integrated tools that take you from initial inspiration to mastered production; full-length album to setlist on stage. The standard for end-to-end production, Studio One is the DAW that does it all.
Live is fast, fluid and flexible software for music creation and performance. It comes with effects, instruments, sounds and all kinds of creative features—everything you need to make any kind of music. Create in a traditional linear arrangement, or improvise without the constraints of a timeline in Live's Session View. Move freely between musical elements and play with ideas, without stopping the music and without breaking your flow. Live 10 comes in three editions: Intro, Standard and Suite. They share common features, but Standard and Suite have additional features, instruments, effects, and Packs.
A detailed feature comparison is available here.