rncbc.org updates Qtractor to v0.9.32 and the Vee One Suite to v0.9.30 for Linux
rncbc.org has announced the (northern) Early-Spring'23 release of Qtractor version 0.9.32, and Vee One Suite version 0.9.30 of old-school software instruments, for GNU/Linux.
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
Changes for this early season's release are as follows:
- Downgraded JACK timebase BBT information to nominal PPQN resolution (aka. ticks-per-beat).
- Make sure all previously saved connections to identical ALSA MIDI hardware devices are now discriminated and properly restored, even though the target devices have the very same name.
- Fix drag'n'drop in drum mode MIDI clip editor.
- Quick hack to get latency compensation when recording.
- Introducing count-in to audio and MIDI metronomes: View/Options.../Audio|MIDI/Metronome/Count-in; Transport/Count-in.
- Corrected MIDI metronome bar/beat note duration.
- Give an early response upon opening any NSM session.
See also: Qtractor 0.9.32 - An Early-Spring'23 Release batch #1
The Vee One Suite is comprised of four separate, autonomous software instruments, which are:
- Synthv1 - a polyphonic subtractive synthesizer.
- Samplv1 - a polyphonic sampler synthesizer.
- Drumkv1 - a drum-kit sampler synthesizer.
- Padthv1 - a polyphonic additive synthesizer.
All being delivered in dual form:
- A pure stand-alone JACK client with JACK-session, NSM (Non/New Session Management) and both JACK MIDI and ALSA MIDI input support;
- A LV2 instrument plugin.
The common change-log follows:
- Restrict to existing named presets when adding new or editing programs; load and restore presets directly when previewing programs (cf. Configure... > Programs).
- NSM open and save operation failures are now replied with an error status (was always OK before).
- JACK client watchdog introduced for automatic reactivation and resilience (standalone only).
- NSM announcement reply/error messages now relegated to debug builds only.
See also: Vee One Suite 0.9.30 - An Early-Spring'23 Release batch #2
Both Qtractor and the Vee One Suite are free, open-source Linux Audio software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.