Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
Changes for this season's release are as follows:
- Capture same time(stamp) note-off tracking and postponing is now on trial, hopefully mitigating a legato issue, reported to MIDI wind instruments (EWI). (EXPERIMENTAL).
- Fixed an old window parenting (aka z-level) issue, related to the Add Track and Track Properties dialogs and whether called from the main or mixer menus.
- Fixed the out-of-process plugin scanner terminating too soon and sometimes miss some very last results.
- Fixed another old bug in MIDI note-off messages not being sent while playing after a loop region.
- Fixed a pretty ancient bug in the VST(2.x) plug-in program names inventory, present when building to the VeSTige header (which is still the default).
- synthv1 - a polyphonic subtractive synthesizer.
- samplv1 - a polyphonic sampler synthesizer.
- drumkv1 - a drum-kit sampler synthesizer.
- padthv1 - a polyphonic additive synthesizer.
All still delivered in dual form:
- A pure stand-alone JACK client with JACK-session, NSM (Non/New Session Management) and both JACK MIDI and ALSA MIDI input support;
- A LV2 instrument plugin.
Changes for this release are:
- Fixed MIDI Controller... modeless dialog (de)instantiation.
- Custom color/style themes applies only to main widget only.
- Fixed typos and updated some old MIDI GM2 Controller names.
See also: The QStuff* Early-Autumn'22 Release batch #1.