rncbc.org has announced the (northern) Early-Summer'22 release of Qtractor version 0.9.27, featuring CLAP plug-in support, as "an absolute first to the free/open-source GNU/Linux audio ecosystem".
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- CLAP plug-in host support introduced. (EXPERIMENTAL).
- Reviewed LV2 plug-in UI Touch feature/interface.
- Auto-unlink MIDI clips when pasted/placed with Ctrl+click/Enter.
- Fixed LV2 plug-ins UI X11 (native) initial size.
- Fixed implicit deactivation when a plugin is removed from chain.
- Fixed audio clip export, normalize and tempo-adjust when audio file number of channels is disparately greater than respective track's output bus count.
- Fixed one killer lurking in MIDI Controller... modeless dialog instantiation.
- Fixed non-effective automation curve node editing.
- Track/Export Tracks... dialog ranges are not capped to current session-end anymore.
- Fixed MIDI clip editor vertical-zooming when using the [Ctrl+]mouse-wheel.
- Set auto-backward play-head location also when clicking on main track-view header/time-ruler and on thumb-view.
- Fixed LV2 plug-in buffer-size initialization, esp. affecting the ZynReverb LV2 playback.
- Export Tracks dialog last range selection is now remembered.
- Fixed the out-of-process plugin scanner path resolution on some self-container(ized) formats e.g. AppImage and possibly Flatpak.