Syntheway has released Stepattern, a polyphonic pattern-based 8 step sequencer synthesizer.
- Step On/Off button toggle. Activate or deactivate the step with LED indicator lights per step to display the active beat.
- Time Division. Allows to set the tempo by switching between six factor / rhythmic values applied to clock source and valid for the sequence.
- Pitch sliders. Pitch shifting allows to raise or lower the original pitch of each step individually.
- Step Loop. Sequence length is selectable between four, six or eight looped steps.
- Waveform Type. Modulates the signal by changing different wave shapes: sine, saw, ramp, triangle and pulse plus white or pink noise.
- Waveform Shaper. Flexible spline-based graph that changes the output signal by applying a shaping function to the input signal. Contains stereo modulators for left and right channels that can be used as a soft clipper, waveform modifier or subtle distortion unit, which maps input to output values depending on a transfer function drawn by dragging the control points via mouse.
- Gate. Modulates the release time of the envelope.
- Filter Type. Switches the filter between low-pass, high-pass, band-pass or band-rejection filter types, offering a simple and effective tone control to shape and color the sound.
- Filter Strength. Makes subtle changes to the filter character.
- Filter Resonance. Emphasizes the harmonics around the cutoff frequency by changing the basic waveform and therefore the timbre of the sound.
- Delay Time. Controls the delay time.
- Delay Feedback. Regeneration of delay. By increasing the amount of signal sent back through (or fed back, or regenerated) the number of repeats is increased.
- Ambience Spread. Stereo reverb that brings a sense of spatial depth and width to sound, from small to big sounding spaces.
- MIDI CC Automation. Implementation of MIDI Continuous Controller parameters for use with external hardware control via DAW.
- Spatial Auralization. Brings a stereophonic sound panning to increase the audible perspective.
- Preset Manager. Built-in browser to load and save presets and banks.
- Preset Name Display. A text box to display the active preset name.
- 32 built-in presets as a starting point. Ability to create customized ones with a flexible control options for rhythm creation.