Universal Audio has released UAD Software v9.11 featuring the Avalon VT-737, a precisely-modeled plug-in emulation of the modern-classic channel strip that has been lending polished, class-A tube character to hip-hop, R&B, and pop hits for more than 20 years.
Here's what they say:
"Avalon's flagship VT-737sp channel strip is the best-selling standalone channel strip ever made. From Jay-Z, Dr. Dre, and Wiz Khalifa, to Babyface, Beyoncé, Eric Clapton, the Rolling Stones, and more, the VT-737sp delivers consistently polished results, with radio-ready gloss and detail.
By first mirroring the preamp impedance and unique front-end characteristics of a hand-selected VT-737sp "golden unit", UA's team of elite engineers then captured the target hardware's class-A tube amplifier section, LED-style optical compressor, and discrete four-band EQ — giving users all the textures and sonics of the legendary hardware, right in their DAW.
Available exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces, and fully endorsed by Avalon Design, the Avalon VT-737 Tube Channel Strip plug-in captures the entire hit-making essence of the channel strip that defined the sound of modern music."
- VT-737sp exclusively licensed by Avalon Designs, modeled by Universal Audio.
- Made famous as the ultimate R&B and Hip-Hop performance and production tool specializing in tight, focused vocals and bass guitar.
- Best of Avalon's designs: high headroom tube mic preamp, optical compressor, and discrete four-band EQ.
- Feedback-style 58 dB tube mic preamp with Mic, Line, or Hi-Z input with Unison technology.
- Models entire VT-737sp circuit path, including transformers, tube amplifiers, passive inductor based filters, and optical gain reduction.
- Compressor Sidechain Unlink/Link and EQ Pre-Dynamics, EQ Sidechain filtering, Hi Q and Frequency multiplier.
- Physical input impedance and front panel control of Gain staging and other preamp parameters via Unison.