Venomode has released version 1.2 of Phrasebox. The new update adds new features and enhancements, including a new theme, new playback modes and a host of usability tweaks.
Check out the video to see in depth what's new in 1.2: YouTube.com/watch?v=gfFwS1AwYOw
Changes since 1.1.2:
- Added: Auto fill up to 8 notes based on input.
- Added: Multi-track export for drag and drop based on row's MIDI channel.
- Added: Keyswitching to change phrase number.
- Added: Phrases can have own colour for notes and velocities.
- Added: Note latch feature, for rapid prototyping with a MIDI keyboard.
- Added: New theme with cleaner design and better contrast.
- Added: Generator can now constrain to a maximum number of rows.
- Added: Random velocity now has a chance option.
- Added: Random transpose and octave, with probability, during playback.
- Added: Helper screen showing piano roll keybinding from right click menu.
- Changed: Sliders now have handles and multi-value sliders are more obvious.
- Changed: Buttons now only activate with left-mouse clicks unless it has a menu.
- Changed: Buttons with a right-click popup-menu now show an indicator on hovering.
- Changed: Right-click no longer deletes notes (use Ctrl/CMD + left mouse, or select and press Del/Backspace).
- Changed: CC generator slider labels now show actual CC number.
- Changed: CC buttons draw faded if that CC has not envelope.
- Fixed: Possible crash when duplicating tracks in demo mode.
- Fixed: Possible hanging on Windows when adjusting multiple velocities.
- Fixed: Possible note blips when looping in the DAW.
- Fixed: Velocity sliders crashing for some users when dragging multiple.
- Fixed: Hovering over velocity sliders sometimes highlights wrong one.
- Fixed: Drag and drop crashing in rare cases.
- Fixed: Piano roll sometimes not refreshing when notes deleted using keyboard.
- Fixed: Phrase number parameter showing off by one in host.
Price: £25 (RRP: £49) until the 1st of March, 2021. The update is free for existing users.