New features for both programs:
- They can, in theory, load Shell plugins. This is untested.
Additional changes in SAVIHost:
- Added a version without keyboard; this saves another 50KB for plugins that either don't need a keyboard (effects) or come with one (instruments).
Additional changes in VSTHost:
- The Chaining mechanism has been enhanced. You can now chain multiple effects to an effect's output (fan-out is only limited by your PC's capabilities), and you can designate the chain as an "Insert" or "Send" chain.
The terminology should be easy to understand for people who have experience with mixers, but here's a short explanation:
- When you chain an INSERT effect to an effect, the original effect's output is piped into the insert effect only.
- When you chain a SEND effect to an effect, the original effect's output is piped into the SEND effect _and_ sent to the Wave output (unless another INSERT effect is chained to the original effect).
Future versions will aim to visualize this in a better way.