Hermann Seib has updated VSTHost to v1.44 and SAVIHost to v1.31.
Changes in VSTHost:
- .ini-file handling was broken in Windows 98; corrected.
- Multiprocessor support contained a bug in MIDI handling; corrected.
- Expanded configuration capabilities (see effCanDos.ini and hostCanDos.ini in the Data subdirectory).
- VSTHost can load "satellite resource DLLs" now; if a DLL for the local language is available, VSTHost uses it (currently, only a German variant is provided - if somebody wants to help in translating it into another language, just contact Hermann). This can be suppressed with the new /nolocal command line option.
- VSTHost can be skinned now; if you don't like the default layout, you can roll your own now. Loading of skins can be suppressed with the new /noskin command line option.
- Links between PlugIns can be created/modified/deleted with the mouse on the main window now.
- The main window is scrollable now to allow setups that are larger than the screen.
- PlugIns that can process double precision audio streams can be tested now.
- Finally, for people who don't want to read the manual, VSTHost defaults to a running audio engine now, so no more "Why is there no sound in VSTHost?" questions...
Changes in SAVIHost:
- Improved exception handling (a classic "Who cares?" under normal conditions).
- "Autosave Bank" built in; SAVIHost can save the current bank to PlugInName.savihost.fxb in the PlugIn's directory now, if it has write permission there.
Changes in both programs
- Lots of bug fixes and internal changes in both programs as usual.